Regular Contributor

LINEA: A Suggested Action Plan

The decision by QVC to kill the Linea line of clothing and jewelry is both short-sighted, in terms of the Q’s parent company’s avowed goals, and an insult to the loyal Linea customers who have supported this line for 20 years—despite limited air time on QVC1 and the now departing QVC2 channel-- and would continue to do so well into the future.   Voicing our outrage on this forum—which the Q will no doubt kill very soon as existing stock sells out—or in “feedback” online comment forms on the QVC website are well and good but do not get our views directly before the decision-makers.

Some talking points for direct letters and phone calls to appropriate executives (listed below):

We know that QVC has shifted toward company-owned “brands” that might feature a “face” of designers who in reality have little to do with the production, quality assurance and actual design work, unlike Louis Del’Ollio’s Coty award-winning and fashion Hall of Fame quality design work and overseeing production that he has continued for QVC.  We also know that QVC is increasingly selling leisure wear--so why did they kill off the Linea Leisure sub-brand a while back?  There are still many women who want wardrobe-building clothing for professional jobs or those who want a “CURATED” fashion look of mix and match clothing that will work well in their lifestyles without having to search high and low for pieces to “go together.”

QVC has, in recent years, restructured and re-named its divisions but it is still owned by Liberty Media, of Colorado.  The online/TV shopping channels of QVC and HSN are now part of what is called “Qurate Retail Group” which also includes brands they have bought: Zulily, Ballard Designs, Grandin Road, Frontgate, and Garnet Hill.  (IF you shop from any of those brands, you might want to mention that fact in any communications with QVC about the Linea situation.)

The Qurate name is related to the concept of “CURATING” products for their customers: their mission statement says their goal is to “provide customers with curated collections of unique products, made personal by the power of storytelling.”  The goal is also to “curate experiences [and] conversations… for millions of discerning shoppers.”  Clearly, killing the Linea line is a violation of that mission statement.  Linea is the only fashion brand at QVC that is truly “curated” by a world-renowned fashion designer who also actually listens to his customers and asks for their input on design features, colors, etc.

***While we want a full restoration of the Linea line at QVC, at the very LEAST we demand continuation of the Linea jewelry line.  QVC has only ONCE done a full Linea jewelry show on TV and the jewelry has been sold online only with ‘word of mouth’ among regular Linea customers who search for these collections on the QVC website.  Let us not forget that the creation of the Linea jewelry line was accomplished only as part of the settlement of the previous attempt to kill the Linea fashion line.  We worked too hard for that to let the jewelry line die now—especially since it would require no air time or anything else but online order-taking and shipping, for which the Q collects hefty fees from customers.

Key People to Contact:

The mailing address for QVC executives is  Qurate Retail Group, 1200 Wilson Drive, West Chester, PA 19380.  The corporate phone number is (484) 701-1000. You can ask to be connected to the offices of the following people:

--Mike George, President and CEO of Qurate Retail Group.  This is the guy we dealt with before when his underlings tried to kill the Linea line at QVC.  In the past, I received callbacks from his staff and they listened to a detailed discussion of the issues, and my plan to stop all QVC shopping if Linea departed.  He was due to retire this year but last month announced he would be staying on for another year.

--Leslie Ferraro, President of QxH, which is a corporate subgroup of Qurate Retail Group.  This is the entity that controls QVC and HSN shopping sites and TV operations, and therefore she is a KEY contact to express our concerns.  She hasn’t been in the job as head of QxH for very long.

Another key contact point is with Liberty Media in Colorado: Courtnee Chun, chief portfolio officer, and the principal contact person for investors in the publicly-traded entities in the Liberty portfolio.  Her Phone number is (720) 875-5420.

Please be polite, but FIRM, in any contacts.  That was our mantra the last time we fought this fight.

Respected Contributor

Re: LINEA: A Suggested Action Plan

Save it! Business decisions are based on numbers, not emotions.

Sorry that something you love is going away. It's hard to find things you really love today.

Honored Contributor

Bravo, blinddogs!  What a wonderfully written post.

If anything, the Linea Ladies can use your information to express their acute disappointment in QVC's not following the "curated" aspect of their stated mission.

Perhaps focusing on our determination to halt spending money that benefits the parent company or any of its offshoots will drive the point home that QVC has made an egregious error in dropping the Linea line.

Respected Contributor

I sent my Feedback to the Q - here’s the response I received....I’ve X’d out the names....

QVC Customer Care Response

Today at 2:36 PM

Hello XXXX,

I’m very sorry we haven’t made a decision to get rid of the Linea by Louis Dell'Olio line. Mr Louis Dell'Olio will no longer be presenting his line his self. It will be another guest in his place. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. We truly appreciate it when customers take time to provide us with open and honest opinions about our products and services. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

Kind Regards,

XXXX

QVC Customer Care

46F20F1B-E74E-4535-9B5D-84B25370664E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Seka,  

Does this mean that the Linea line will remain, and that things will continue as they've been, without Louis's presenting his fashions and jewelry?  Not to be critical, but the response is not clear.

Yesterday, I received this edited response:

Customer satisfaction is our top priority, we appreciate hearing from you about the Linea line. We are very sorry for your disappointment. We always want our customers to have an exceptional experience. To address your concerns, your feedback will be reviewed by the appropriate management team leaders.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and thank you for shopping with QVC.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76  I’m thinking that the person that responded to me didn’t know what was going on - and asked someone else - who just explained the current situation - Louis not presenting - and someone else (Jennifer) stepping in for him - and that’s the reply I received - because they were not aware of what is happening at the end of this year.  

Super Contributor

@Seka wrote:

I sent my Feedback to the Q - here’s the response I received....I’ve X’d out the names....

Hello XXXX,

I’m very sorry we haven’t made a decision to get rid of the Linea by Louis Dell'Olio line. Mr Louis Dell'Olio will no longer be presenting his line his self. It will be another guest in his place. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. We truly appreciate it when customers take time to provide us with open and honest opinions about our products and services. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

Kind Regards,

XXXX

QVC Customer Care

Sounds as if those of us who learned from Louis himself have insider info and the staff at QVC don't have this information. 

Respected Contributor

@blinddogs Thank you so much!  You were successful the last time in leading us to protest and complain about the loss of Linea and because of your very successful stratergy Louis remained for another 10 years at QVC.

Thank you for stating that Liberty still owns QVC and what Quatre means in their mission statement.  Wasn't there a twitter account set up as well?

I appreciate the outline you have created.  I will make use of it.  I am hoping that the other Linea Ladies will do as well.

Occasional Contributor

I got the same message yesterday expressing their regret about dropping Linea........just want to ask.......Does Louis want to continue or is he in agreement witth QVC?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Seka wrote:

Hello XXXX,

Kind Regards,

XXXX

QVC Customer Care

@Seka 

Unbelievable!  This response is behind the times. 

Looks like all of our Feedback stopped with CS reps instead of sent to decision makers.  Note use of "his self" instead of "himself."