Respected Contributor

Re: L👀K! These Jeans w Midnight Sequin Top

@rochelleS

I meant to say that I’m FKA morewineplease.

I really miss all things Linea. I would anxiously go to his blog daily hoping for a sneak peek. I loved coming here and chatting, trying to decide what I would get, etc.

While my credit card is happier, I am not, lol.
Esteemed Contributor

@author and all...

Here's another pant to look at.

I initially was drawn to the gold pair but hesitated because of my thighs. I was lucky and picked up the pewter in my size. The jury is still out on this color. It's OK but not quite what I'd imagined them to be colorwise. So I ordered the gold with free ship yesterday. CS said inventory was limited and I didn't want to lose my size. 

Please use your imagination and common sense when watching the video. First, the model is absolutely poured into these pants. Ugh. Not flattering, nor anything  I'd wear, unless it was long underwear. Also the set lighting makes these look super,  super shiny. They are not in real life! The pants have a coated sheen, not a tin man look. I also do not find the fabric to be stiff at all as some reviews stated. Mine are pliable and comfortable. I liked how one review stated the gold could easily transition into daily use. I kinda like a fun and funky option. 

Screenshot_20211025-100310_Chrome.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom 

It's so good to see you here!!! I've been wondering about you and was going to inquire on Louis' site if anyone had heard from you. Hope all is well with you and your family. Furbabies too.

Did you purchase the sequin top? I absolutely love it! Pure class and a classic "forever" garment. Plus I  am impressed with how lightweight it is. On my very first date with my late DH I wore a white sequin top with white silk moire pants to a Black Tie affair. Stunning outfit but the top was very heavy. I still have it too. I'll never get rid of it. Sooo many wonderful memories of that starry evening with what turned out to be the love of my life. 

I had a pair of LOGO Capris that stretched out and sagged. The fit was fine but I didn't wear them for months as the denim wasn't seasonal when purchased.

When it cooled down I wore them to Costco. As I walked deeper into the store they grew and grew and grew some more. I was mortified. They were rapidly sliding south towards my knees and I couldn't keep 'em up. I waddled around with my thighs bunched and couldn't get out of there fast enough. Loading my car had to be hysterical for any onlookers. It was funny afterwards but awful while it happened.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
Your story about the sagging capris at Costco made me LOL!!

And the story of the sequin top you wore on your first date with your husband...how special. Thank goodness for such memories. I can relate.

I did get the sequin top in navy figuring it’d look nice with jeans. Looking back, I should’ve bought both colors of such a classic forever garment, as you said, but I think it was nearly $90 at the time and I was trying to budget as Louis was offering so many must-have items at the time.

I see some of the clothing the Q is offering now and just cringe and wonder how they could’ve let Louis go...

I’m doing well, thanks for asking. I think I told you I lost Gigi October of last year. And then I lost Buddy in June. So we are down to four dogs. One of the cockers had his cancerous kidney removed in August. So, a lot to deal with. Hard on the heart. And then I have been watching my friend’s 16 yr old wire fox terrier with congestive heart failure.

How are you doing? How is your sister? How are your furbabies? How is Mike? It’s been so long since we chatted, I can’t remember where we left off. I hope all is well. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS I wish I could be helpful with the sizing but I can barely get my own size right, LOL!   The few pairs I have, two are a 12 and one is a 14.  Which is exactly my size 12-14 but I find it depends on the style of the pant and the amount of stretch.  I do not like my pants tight at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal 

Thanks for your response. I'm so used to the sizing, fit and style of Linea that it often can be a real hit or miss with other brands. Especially when reviews state the garment runs very small and go up two sizes! Which btw I did and was surprisingly pleased, even recommended to sis and BFF who also sized up. Three different body types too and sure enough  we all ended up happy. Go figure! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom 

I think someone seriously bumped their head with the decision to let Louis go. And trust me, I am being polite. Such an irreplaceable loss. We are so lucky to have had twenty years ...

I am sooo sorry to hear about Buddy. Such a sweet and special guy. (((HUGS)))

You've got alot on your plate tending to your post surgical furbaby and generously watching a senior with congestive heart issues. Both can be rather daunting and scary. Approaching end of life scenarios is always so difficult. You have a very big heart. ❤💔❤

Mike's hanging in. He's getting up in age too. He has some quirkiness now that the vet attributes to being a senior. He's  gotten quite vocal and demonstrative too. 

Sis is doing well. Thank you for asking. She's been such a trooper. She's had such a positive and resolute attitude through most of her horrific injury/recovery. She has an 18 month grandson that has been quite a joy. Her son, the dad has an uncanny resemblance to our father. I'm floored when I see the pics she sends

She's become quite the Linea Lady too. I always hear about the non-stop compliments she receives from her social group of friends. This tickles me to no end.

I'm doing fine. It's getting much cooler now and this year seems to have flown right by. I hope we can stay in touch!

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom + everyone else...

I remember you enjoy home decor and wanted to share today's LTS. It's something I thought you'd truly enjoy.

Screenshot_20211027-090102_Chrome.jpg

The pumpkin vessel is a textured off white/ivory. There's a light wash of pale grey on the raised sections of the pumpkin, creating a pleasing depth and definition. A good look. It'll compliment every decor. This is what I'd posted earlier about the scent on another thread. It smells absolutely amazing!!!

Screenshot_20211027-110630_Chrome.jpg