Respected Contributor

Re: Just counted my Linea Necklaces---SHOCKED!

@jlkz wrote:

@Maxine49

A while back I was in a similar situation with necklaces from Chico’s....I really loved them and so did a number of folks around me.  Pulling out the ones I rarely wore, I identified someone who would love a particular one.

I wrapped them in tissue paper and gave them to the appropriate person.  That thinned down my collection somewhat....now I could look at them and not feel guilty.

I continue this process because I still find beautiful pieces.

Just last  week, I gave a particularly bling-y one to our waitress who never failed to comment on it when I wore it. As we left the restaurant, I suggested she look carefully at my napkin....

It feels good to know that things I have loved have gone to good homes where they will be enjoyed.

Years ago I did something similar with pieces of really good jewelry....I enjoy seeing them on my friends and relatives.  As for the really good stuff, I no longer buy it....don’t need it.

This year, I sold a bracelet that was collecting “ dust “.  When I heard of a nun who had worked as a missionary in Peru, I entrusted her with some of the cash made.  At 14000 feet high in a village in the Andes, there are families who will have food for the winter there now.  That gladdens my heart more than the bracelet ever did.

Dear Jlkz,

I so appreciated your post.  Good for you!  Joyce Meyer had a program on this very thing this morning on her program.