Respected Contributor

Just counted my Linea Necklaces---SHOCKED!

I was just getting my Navy Pompeii Necklace and Earrings out to wear today, and I thought---let me count my Linea necklaces that were all hanging there on the Joan Rivers Jewelry Hangers that I love to keep my Linea on for easy access.  OMG! I counted 83 Necklaces!  I'm in shock.  If you had asked me I would have said 40-45, tops.  It seems impossible, and I'm not sure I even counted them all, too! And, I certainly did NOT buy every Linea Necklace, but I did get duplicates of some (like the Fish and the Etruscan), but still, I'm gobsmacked. I am determined now to wear a Linea Necklace every day, even if I have no plans to go out and about. GOSH.....

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

Re: Just counted my Linea Necklaces---SHOCKED!

Let's just say that you know something special when you see it, and you don't let a good opportunity pass you by, LOL!  Good for you, Sheesh -- wear and  enjoy your beautiful things!

Trusted Contributor

I love my jewelry (and handbags, and makeup, and shoes....). It's fun to go shopping in your own jewelry box and rediscover forgotten pieces. Enjoy! 

Respected Contributor

@Maxine49

A while back I was in a similar situation with necklaces from Chico’s....I really loved them and so did a number of folks around me.  Pulling out the ones I rarely wore, I identified someone who would love a particular one.

I wrapped them in tissue paper and gave them to the appropriate person.  That thinned down my collection somewhat....now I could look at them and not feel guilty.

I continue this process because I still find beautiful pieces.

Just last  week, I gave a particularly bling-y one to our waitress who never failed to comment on it when I wore it. As we left the restaurant, I suggested she look carefully at my napkin....

It feels good to know that things I have loved have gone to good homes where they will be enjoyed.

Years ago I did something similar with pieces of really good jewelry....I enjoy seeing them on my friends and relatives.  As for the really good stuff, I no longer buy it....don’t need it.

This year, I sold a bracelet that was collecting “ dust “.  When I heard of a nun who had worked as a missionary in Peru, I entrusted her with some of the cash made.  At 14000 feet high in a village in the Andes, there are families who will have food for the winter there now.  That gladdens my heart more than the bracelet ever did.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

Wow but I think that’s  wonderful @Maxine49 wear them in good health. I bet you look great. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

Some of the Linea Necklaces I have not worn for a long, long time.  The pearls, the Ruby, Malachite and Lapis Beads with Gold, the Pearls with Gold and black beads.  I also found 5 more---so count is now up to 88! And don't forget---I MUST buy the Silver Carnival that Louis designed for me! Can't pass that one up!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Maxine49

A while back I was in a similar situation with necklaces from Chico’s....I really loved them and so did a number of folks around me.  Pulling out the ones I rarely wore, I identified someone who would love a particular one.

I wrapped them in tissue paper and gave them to the appropriate person.  That thinned down my collection somewhat....now I could look at them and not feel guilty.

I continue this process because I still find beautiful pieces.

Just last  week, I gave a particularly bling-y one to our waitress who never failed to comment on it when I wore it. As we left the restaurant, I suggested she look carefully at my napkin....

It feels good to know that things I have loved have gone to good homes where they will be enjoyed.

Years ago I did something similar with pieces of really good jewelry....I enjoy seeing them on my friends and relatives.  As for the really good stuff, I no longer buy it....don’t need it.

This year, I sold a bracelet that was collecting “ dust “.  When I heard of a nun who had worked as a missionary in Peru, I entrusted her with some of the cash made.  At 14000 feet high in a village in the Andes, there are families who will have food for the winter there now.  That gladdens my heart more than the bracelet ever did.

I like your style, you spread the joy around ! ❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Nothing wrong with it! It is just like anything that people love to collect only you get to enjoy your collection by wearing it and looking at it!!! How wonderful that you found something you really love!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now I'm afraid to count, but I'm sittin" on the bench right along side of you. I have the same pearl necklaces. I have 4 different ones. I think these were the very first things Louis did, and they are still beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49- I'm not surprise his jewelry is so addictive, beautiful and unique.  I started late buying his jewelry but I know I am well up there in the double digits.