Respected Contributor

Re: Jan 11th - Louis posted today

@JCF wrote:

I love Louis, but I'm totally lost.  What has happened??

@JCF his wife passed away on December 12, 2017 after battling cancer. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you Kentucky Woman.  This is so sad, they were so much in love.

My heart is aching for his loss.

By the way, I now live near Nashville, but I too, am a KY woman.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I sure hope they don't allow phone calls during his visits for awhile.

@Krimpette  YOU ARE SO RIGHT....  Oh my...  that may not be the best thing in the beginning.  I hope he requests no calls. 

Honored Contributor

Smart thinking, Krimpette.  No calls for the longest while.  There has to be an attempt at "business as usual" for several reasons.

Hope your thought reaches TPTB.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree that there should be no phone calls when he does his shows for as long as he needs. 

Everytime I look back at some of the videos as I usually do from time to time to see how the outfits are put together I get all choked up when I see Jac modeling and knowing she is no longer with us.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same here, luvitorleaveit.  I knew I was not alone with such a response, but you were the brave one to step up and admit to it first.  Thank you.

I was thinking, the evening before Louis does his first show, someone could start a thread with a title like "Best Wishes to Louis" or "Cyber Hugs for Louis."  Something like that.

And then we can all record our well-wishes for him to experience a successful show and that he stand strong.  . 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

@DecorDiva  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   The first appearance is at an odd time, very late, so maybe he can take a deep breath, and adjust somewhat to his new life ahead, without being in a main timeslot.

@nyc1- that is exactly what Louis said, that his show was scheduled at that time by God's intervention to allow him to adjust.  Kate is also hosting a get get together the night before so that Louis and the models can grieve and reminisce privately.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I sure hope they don't allow phone calls during his visits for awhile.

@Krimpette  YOU ARE SO RIGHT....  Oh my...  that may not be the best thing in the beginning.  I hope he requests no calls. 

I agree. I also hope QVC pairs him with the perfect host, maybe one of his own choosing, to shepherd him through this first time. 

Regular Contributor

JCF , read his blog, on his site.

Respected Contributor

Very sad! I always thought his wife was so classy & elegant. That will be hard working without her by his side.