Respected Contributor

Jacket is amazing; need some help on what to wear with it

Got it in black. I don't wear jeans but have black pants. I will try it on with short boho skirt with pleats which is long on me (I'm 5 ' 2'' when my hair is high.)

I had originally planned to pack all scarlet WK pieces but this is too much fun to leave home. Especially since I don't want to be thought of as the frail old maiden aunt from a Jane Austen novel.

I need to pack very little. I arrive late Wed afternoon and leave Sunday morning. I have everything I need for wedding Sat night. Just taking a carry on and large travel bag for purse.

Someone mentioned wearing it with a black WK skirt. I could do that. Will try it on with red pieces.

Good thing about it is I think it only needs a simple earring. Unusual for me; I love extra "stuff."

Help will be appreciated. I figured out it's ten years since I've gone anywear.

Super Contributor

Re: Jacket is amazing; need some help on what to wear with it

I do not own this jacket but it looks like it will work with a lot of colors and basics. What about wearing navy, blue, or turquoise pants? Did you see how khaki looks with the jacket? I do not know where you are going but if the weather is nice you could wear capris.

Honored Contributor

@lavendar

Take the jacket and lay it on your bed and start pulling bottoms from your closet and put them below the jacket. Look at the colors in the embroidery and if you have a bottom in one of those colors see how it looks with the jacket.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Thanks for your advice. I'm going to Chicago so capris are out.

Justjazz: I often spread things out on my bed; thought I was the only one. Once I had to sleep on my couch. Now I can just take a picture and not leave my clothes on the bed!

There is a lot of red in the flower pattern; I have a scarlet WK skirt and crew neck. I could also take the scarlet red quilted cardigan and have two outfits. I'm short but very long waisted; a column of color is most flattering.

If I'm not traveling there are tons of things to pair it with. I'm looking forward to wearing it with a hot pink shell, my LL black pants and hot pink sneakers.

Someone mentioned the embroidery reminded them of Bob Mackie. I have a fleece jacket with flowered embroidery that's probably fifteen years old and a denim shirt with New Orleans embroidery. The flowers are reminiscent. His embroidery was superb. Of cours he was able to do heavy silk shirts, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar what about a sheath dress? If you have one you like with the jacket or just black. Wouldn't take up much packing space.

Respected Contributor

I don't have a sheath dress. I do have a great red dress but it wouldn't work. All my other dresses are patterned. I do have quite a  few "column's of color." in my WK's.

I love dresses but I've stopped buying them. No one gets dressed up where I live. According to the Boston Globe, it's on the worst dressed list.

I believe it.

Years ago my mother was visiting and we were invited to dinner at the Ritz. My mother said she couldn't wear her plain clip on earrings. I told her she could borrow a pair of clip on's from my neighbor. My neighbor comes over with the pair she wore to the Ritz. SAME exact earrings.

@rochelleS wrote:

@lavendar what about a sheath dress? If you have one you like with the jacket or just black. Wouldn't take up much packing space.

Valued Contributor

So happy you decided to get the jacket. It really is special. I've worn it with black pants or black skirt and a black top or a top in one of the colors in the flowers. My pink top looks great with it. Enjoy all the compliments you'll be getting and have fun at the wedding. I lived in Boston for 30 plus years so I understand your comment about  how the people dress.

Respected Contributor

Think it looks best with LL pants. I'll wear it on the plane with black ones and pack white ones. This will be my "downtime" outfit. Can put jacket on over t shirt when I leave hotel room and will be ''dressed."

Valued Contributor

Sounds great. Don't let the compliments go to your head.