Respected Contributor

Re: It Dawned on Me That....

Louis has used the same 5 models for years, and is very loyal to them. I have never seen a 3x model on any QVC show. The largest model I've seen is a 1x which Maria is. I agree about the photos. They should shoot petite clothes on petite models. The trench coat photo was terrible in the first place. Who needs to see it opened where you can't see anything, and they always use the same photo of the same model for reg. and petite. The photos in general are pretty horrible anyway. The trench, and the open front cardigan gets the new prizes for worst photographs IMHO.

Respected Contributor

This is a QVC issue not a Louis issue.  Maria and Jackie are the only two 1X models, nothing larger.  As far as a petite model, QVC doesn't offer that many items in petite sizes so the likelihood of having a petite model is mute.  QVC's idea of petite is to shorten the length only.  Their petite sizes are NOT true petites.  There are only two hosts that I can think of that are petite:  Nancy and Amy.  Agree that the photos of the clothes are horrid but again, this is a QVC issue.  I would suggest that you complain, directly, to QVC about these issues since QVC is the only one who can change this.  It is all out of Louis' hands.

Regular Contributor

Louis always had Maria on his shows and goes out of his way to explain why or how a design works for a plus size person. I am a bit smaller than Maria but find that if a design works for her it is good for me.

Trusted Contributor

I thought the designers choose the models, no? They all seem to favor and use the same ones. I don’t blame Louis, of course. The fashion industry has always preferred to show clothing on the tall and thin.

I also don’t understand making petites which are not true petites. Very odd indeed. Maybe this is why he does not show them on a petite model.

I do appreciate the few extra inches on some pants. It also helps to see them om tall models and know where they would hit on us taller girls. When I see Kate in what look like high waters, I know they are not for me.
Frequent Contributor

I am in the same boat, 5'2", short legs and long torso....and it's difficult to figure out what will look good. A great sweater that is above the kneee on the model (even the petite model) is past my knee and I look even shorter.

I don't understand the logic of the photos of 4 models wearing the same outfit because they have 1 plus model, Pam, who is very tall and then a variety of heights but all wearing the same size, like xxs. Does that make sense????????

Shouldn't they have a representation of at least a few sizes, let's say 2 regular (xs and m) and 2 plus (xl and 2x)? that would at least cover a large portion of sizes.

I have learned to alter my own clothes (unless it is super-complicated) and I am wondering if I will have the alter the sleeves of the trench...that should be a joy, moving the wrist straps/loops....

Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Understand that I am NOT "blaming" Louis in ANY way regarding the models he uses (though I don't know who chooses them: QVC or the designer). The reason I mentioned Louis/Linea is because his clothing is so well made, so expertly tailored that showing a model at both extremes would be a testimony as to how fabulous his line is: ALL sizes and shapes can wear his clothing and look great.

That's it and the only reason I mentioned his name. I can NOT think of one other designer at QVC who makes clothes of this quality consistently and makes all sizes look good.

Interestingly, HSN does use much larger and smaller models than QVC. I noticed this about a year ago and BRAVO!  Since both companies are under the same umbrella, perhaps it will happen.

I simply don't see the logic of offering clothes in XYZ sizes and then NOT showing them off on a models who wear those sizes. Nothing more, nothing less.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam I agree about HSN.  They seem to be doing better at showing the clothing on different sizes and heights.

i also remind myself that while it may sometimes be frustrating, most of the online shopping that I do has no visual guidance whatsoever and other than reviews, no guide as to sizing of the actual item like we get here.  I guess something is better than nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has crossed my mind... I wonder if the Q banks on the shipping revenue earned in lieu of more comprehensive photos with an array of various sized models featured, which would be a greater expense across the board. What with the models, photographers, uploading and probably more $ to expand the product info, that we are left to fend for ourselves as it stands. Dealing with sizes, returns and the difficulty in exchanges when limited quantities are offered often leads to stalking a desired item. 

Any thoughts?