Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a host that you think sells Linea well?

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

You know, when you get right down to it. much of the Linea fashions and jewelry sell themselves through Louis's blog.  I've pretty much made up my mind what I want to buy by the time his shows roll around.  You will probably point out that not everyone reads Louis's blog and, therefore, in the end, a host can make or break a show's sales.

As some have already pointed out, a host who allows Louis his time to explain and  draw attention to the selling points of his merchandise is desirable.  So, whoever allows that is a competent host, in my humble estimation.

If sales are high or low, I think the following factor in these days:

1.  Is the buyer a member of the orignal posse of Linea Ladies or does she count herself among his growing number of new admirers?  It makes a difference at this time, I think, because the originals have retired or will soon retire.  Their need for new clothing has been diminishing (even if they buy from desire rather than need up to the time of retirement), and sales to this market will become softer as time goes on.  As Jeff Bezos admonished, "All businesses must stay young."  So Louis is now attracting new people (we can tell from this Linea blog) who have "grown into" the Linea look or have just discovered it and are still actively working.  This is critical for him to do.

Do the items in his latest shows attract from one of these groups primarily or do they  overlap both demographic groups?  This target group(s) has an impact on his sales.

2.  Traditional, classic cuts for tops (especially) versus shark bite, flounce or swing cuts pose a divide.  Typically, you either really like cuts other than the classic or you hate them.  Sales are lost, I am sure, when a cut fails to appeal to the purposely ignored target group.

3.  Bold versus delicate jewelry.  Some ladies loathe dramatic and bold pieces,  preferring the feminine and delicate look instead.   So, Louis has to weigh the merits of each new jewelry style and how much will be invested in each.  Many of us have both looks in our jewelry wardrobe but some stick to one sort of look. 

These are just some of the areas that, I think, wield a lot of influence on sales, making me less inclined to place much stock in the importance of having a particular host for Linea shows. 

I could be wrong.

@golding76

As usual, you are spot on. I agree. Louis effectively sells his line through his blog. Most of us who are long standing Linea customers know what we want to buy well before the show airs--the hosts have a modest impact on sales IMO. Some are more adept and have better chemistry with Louis, which just makes the show more enjoyable, but as for sales, I doubt the hosts make much of a difference with the core customer.

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Louis and Courtney K. had a chemistry that was dynamic! Louis enjoyed working with Courtney K. so much . . . and vice versa! They actually communicated with each other. Their Q&A's were fabulous, which led to a great education on designing of Linea garments and fabrication for all of us. I was riveted to the entire program thanks to Courtney K's intelligent questions and professional expertise as a host. Louis loved her! He doesn't enjoy working with silly or giggling hosts. He is a true professional who wants to share his expertise. Courtney listened and asked pertinent questions. It worked.

@BirkiLady I did not see that show, but there have been so many good comments about this new host in various posts.  Nice to see one of the new hosts receive some praise.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Carolyn Gracie hosted with Louis one time and it was a great show. She was dressed in a two piece top and pant outfit and she looked fabulous. Women want to see women their size or at least I do, in the fashions and IMO even though CG is a little taller than average she wears a larger size. I think if it looks that good on her, it will look good on most women. Just because the host has the gift of gab doesn't mean she will be able to sell the outfit to every woman.

Contributor

I didn't see the show.  Are you referring to Courtney Cason?  I checked the host listing and couldn't find a Courtney K.  Or is she a brand new host? (So many new faces lately!)

Respected Contributor

@CharM1951

Courtney K is a new host.  She hosted with him during a 5:00 a.m. show.  She was very respectful and asked intelligent questions.  

Since I am a blog follower, I generally know what I am buying prior to presentation.  But sometimes when Louis's presents his clothing on air, I realize I need the article.  Fortunately the price point is such that it does not bankrupt you to take a flyer!

Esteemed Contributor

@CharM1951 wrote:

I didn't see the show.  Are you referring to Courtney Cason?  I checked the host listing and couldn't find a Courtney K.  Or is she a brand new host? (So many new faces lately!)

Courtney K. is a new host . . . and she's fabulous. Smart, articulate, kind and knows the product prior to the show. She is a delight to watch. She listens to the vendor and asks pertinent questions! It's a learning experience to watch any show she hosts. QVC needs to hire a lot more like her . . . she's a keeper!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I've been watching videos of Louis and Linea in order to learn about the products, see how he styles them on the models and to educate myself on the vast items he offers. I've noticed that some hosts seem to work well with Louis and Linea much better than others; to the point that it's quite obvious.

Do you find that there are hosts that do a better job in presenting the line? No reason to name names is they do a poor job...however, is there one that truly stands out as fantastic in your opinion? 

I think that Louis makes the show regardless who the host is. When the host really enjoys wearing Linea clothes, I think that makes the show more enjoyable.  I find it interesting when a short host stands next to the models wearing the same piece of clothing. Louis is a real gentleman, who likes what he does. He makes any host look good!

Honored Contributor

Courtney Cason who is the most fashion conscious of the hostesses was very good with Louis when she hosted with him.  I think some do not like her, perhaps a personal thing, but I thought she was the best and she wore his clothes in very creative ways.  I don't know Courtney K but she must be very nice after hearing the rave reviews.  I would like to see her or have her pointed out to me from one of his presentations.   

Honored Contributor

i really enjoy the shows when he is paired with antonella or leah.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein