Valued Contributor

Is the homepage looking more friendly or am I getting used to this

Today the forum seems to look more like the previous forum. Favorite sub forums; larger print; and I'm noticing less visual stuff; found all that needless and distracting. Getting easier and easier to use; still has a ways to go and if we continue to request what does work and fit our needs we will get there. We call tell the powers that be are watching and listening to how this should work. Also, less inappropriate attacking. I'm here to shop. Happy! NOW if we could get some decent emotion icons PLEASE!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is the homepage looking more friendly or am I getting used to this

Like bad food, poor cell phone reception, and Communism, you can eventually get used to anything I guess!

I've really had no problems navigating the place; I just think it's no longer a pleasure. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I haven't had any problems either, and it's becoming familiar now as I log on each day, no big shock to the system!  

I never had issues finding things or setting preferences, but I did like the old way better, very easy and a bit stone age, but nice.  I hope we won't lose contributors because of these changes because I value all the great input and sharing here, the interesting personalities, and reading everyone's take on Linea.

Esteemed Contributor

I would have loved to be in the meeting where they decided that what users of this forum REALLY want is the ability to "customize" their experience. That bells and whistles were more important than functionality and ease of navigability? I don't even bother with bells and whistles on the website of the company for which I work, and they pay me to care! And did they actually believe that anyone would use the option now installed to email a post to a friend? Really? Now I see we have the option to disallow anyone to give us hearts for a post? Where did that come from? 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

I'm happy as long as I can easily get to the Linea Forum! All the bells and whistles are of very limited importance to me.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I thought I lost the Linea forum but I saw a post by JustJazzmom that said to click on My Favorite brand which I didn't notice before and one of the ladies gave me instructions on how to start a conversation whiich I was finally able to do.

What I can't figure out is where I posted I relied on "My Activity" on the old forum.  So if I ask a question or something I can't easily go back to that particular post.

Respected Contributor

The first day the forum was changed....I looked around and had to leave.   The next day I came back and looked around again....pushed a few buttons....hoping I was not doing something wrong.  I felt like if I pushed the wrong button I would be showing my underwear or exposing myself online.  That was the feeling I had.   

The third day I pushed a few more buttons, and I think i might have sent a message to see if i knew how.  It worked and I been hanging out ever sense.