Regular Contributor

Re: India Print Tunic Backordered

@JustJazzmom I'm sorry to hear the sleeves were too long. Back in the 80's I preferred 3/4 or even elbow length sleeves but so many of the blouses had only LS. Glad to see they still make sleeve garters/guards. On a less speciic portion of the India tunic's sleeves, this might work very nicely, and save lots of money over altering, especially when the sleeve cannot be rolled or the cuff area altered itself.

clothingsleevegartersguardsvariouscolors.jpg

The women's size above will stretch to 7.5" - 9" comfortably. For those larger Linea Ladies, like myself, the men's above-the-elbow version work a treat below the elbow with 10"-12" of stretch without pinching.

Going by the garment measurements I was tempted to choose the smaller of my 2 sizes, but as you mentioned, without any stretch, even relaxed fit means it makes more sense to order the larger...lots of cooling ventilation as well. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@KCFoxy It's a beautiful print, and if it works for people I say go for it. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Thank you, JJM.

I had forgotten that this top is more akin to the "Ikat Print Blouse with Slits" (A233188), which is 100% polyester, than to the "Medallion Scroll" top (A199799), which has a 7% spandex content.

My Ikat Prints sit in my closet and never gets worn. Thank you Goldie

Respected Contributor

@vickybliss wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Thank you, JJM.

I had forgotten that this top is more akin to the "Ikat Print Blouse with Slits" (A233188), which is 100% polyester, than to the "Medallion Scroll" top (A199799), which has a 7% spandex content.

My Ikat Prints sit in my closet and never gets worn. Thank you Goldie

I have found with Linea Tops/Tunics that have no stretch in the Fabric - I have to go to my larger Linea Size.  I have the A233188 Ikat Tunic in the Purple (really is Olive) & the Pink.  Have been wearing them this summer - the Fabric is so light - and has been great on both hot and cooler days.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After reading Kate's great review on the blog, I decided to cancel my "backorder" tunic and order another one in a larger size. She mentioned the larger of her two sizes fit more like a tunic, which is what I prefer, too.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My alabaster India print top came today, and for me it's a keeper.  I ordered my usual size small (less than half the time I get an XS).  The fit is just right----loose in a good way---shoulders just right, BUT sleeves a bit longish (hit about 1/3 way down my hand, and I have fairly long arms).  I am 5'6", 128 pounds and the length is PERFECT.  I used a couple lightweight 14K stretch bracelets for garters, and they worked perfectly to keep the sleeves scrunched up to wherever I want them.  I will wear it both ways.  The print is lovely---looks great with medium denim or black leggings, and I have a bunch of necklaces that work with it.  I always prefer a bit of stretch, but this fabric is going to be just what I need for an uncoming trip in September----roll into a tiny ball and no weight or wrinkles when time to wear. 

KK

PS  I am a print-phobe too and had already decided that if I didn't like this one,it would be my last print purchase no matter how gorgeous and tempting they look during the presentations.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO

I think you'll be happy with the larger if, like me, you're between sizes. There's not a whole lot of difference really from one size to the next but the sense of ease in the larger for me was noticeable.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

@GraceCO

I think you'll be happy with the larger if, like me, you're between sizes. There's not a whole lot of difference really from one size to the next but the sense of ease in the larger for me was noticeable.

@gardensla

I appreciate your input on the sizing, which made it easier for me to cancel the backorder (which I may never get) and size up. I'm not exactly between sizes, if I just go by the "click here" measurements for the medium & large--the bust is a 4 inch difference, which I don't need! But, looser is far better in a tunic and I think the larger size will work out best.

Also good to know you liked all 3 colors--I'm also a "print-phobe"--so based on the reviews, I'll likely wind up going back for the navy, too.

I'm curious...how did you get your tunics so quickly? Express?

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO

Yes, I paid the extra because I wanted to be sure of my size before these went away forever. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I got my three today! I ordered XXS although sometimes I need an XS. I'm happy with the way it fits, any bigger would be too big in the body. However, if I raise my arms like I was giving someone tall a hug, I can feel it pull a little across the back/shoulders. That's when stretch would be nice. But it doesn't pull if I put my arms forward as if I was driving. I have broader shoulders so that's often an issue. So, they'll do, I just won't be able to hug my husband when I wear them, lol.

I love the sleeve length, perfect for me!

As far as colors, they are all beautiful. I can't decide which is my favorite!