Respected Contributor

Re: India Print Tunic Backordered

I don't know why you would think it will fray. I have the Ikat print top and skirt from a few seasons back. The fabrics are very similar, no stretch, and I have washed them many times. I have had no problems.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JJM and All Others Puzzled Over This Sleeve Length,

I have been working the sleeve length of this incomparably beautiful tunic top over and over in my mind.  As they have to with all lengths, the decision-makers (D-M) had to make a call on the length of the sleeve.  Because the tunic is out-of-this-universe beautiful (at least to many of us), I think the D-M wanted to please as many as they could.  Really, that is what I am thinking.

Even though the sleeves end on a particular design in the pattern, I believe the D-M thought that the sleeves could be shortened without sacrificing the integrity of the tunic's overall beauty.  I agree.

If, however, the sleeve had been too short, there would be no hope for those with longer arms.  Louis foresees our wearing this top well into the fall.  He mentioned that during his presentation, I believe.  Thus, he wanted a long sleeve and not a 3/4 or bracelet-length sleeve.  In his vision, this blouse should cover our wrists.  That is how his aesthetic envisions the tunic at its optimum look.

[It appears I made two points here:  A sleeve to satisfy all and a sleeve for cooler weather.  The loooong sleeve won.]

Just my thoughts on this, and, of course, I might be totally clueless.

Trusted Contributor

Must be my arm length.  I have never, ever had sleeves be too long on me, if anything, they're too short.  The sleeves on this top covered the entire top of my hand & ended at the base of my knuckles.  It looked ridiculous on me.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

JJM and All Others Puzzled Over This Sleeve Length,

I have been working the sleeve length of this incomparably beautiful tunic top over and over in my mind.  As they have to with all lengths, the decision-makers (D-M) had to make a call on the length of the sleeve.  Because the tunic is out-of-this-universe beautiful (at least to many of us), I think the D-M wanted to please as many as they could.  Really, that is what I am thinking.

Even though the sleeves end on a particular design in the pattern, I believe the D-M thought that the sleeves could be shortened without sacrificing the integrity of the tunic's overall beauty.  I agree.

If, however, the sleeve had been too short, there would be no hope for those with longer arms.  Louis foresees our wearing this top well into the fall.  He mentioned that during his presentation, I believe.  Thus, he wanted a long sleeve and not a 3/4 or bracelet-length sleeve.  In his vision, this blouse should cover our wrists.  That is how his aesthetic envisions the tunic at its optimum look.

[It appears I made two points here:  A sleeve to satisfy all and a sleeve for cooler weather.  The loooong sleeve won.]

Just my thoughts on this, and, of course, I might be totally clueless.

I still think it was the pattern repeat that had a decision in it. It's fine and you do bring up valid points.  

There will be other items to tempt me! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I received the navy and the alabaster tunics.  It was so great to have prints available to match some of the Linea solids. Both were ordered in the same size XS.  The sleeves are a little long for me but okay with me.  The neckline is good too.  But the navy one looks fine from the front but too tight across the back so no way I can be comfortable wearing it.  Of course no size xs available in the navy to reorder. I actually preferred the navy. 

The alabaster is more an ivory or cream and it is see through in that area so it is important what undergarments are worn.  I prefer it with ivory pants more than the alabaster, but it is also great with black. 

I also think I might can wear the hibiscus milano knit cardigan with it??? and the aqua jean jacket over it???