Regular Contributor

Re: Incredibly Low Prices on Linea Tibetan Necklace and the Couture Multi-Strand Necklace

@flgirl2 wrote:

I also had the good fortune to catch the Linea jewelry super sale prices.  Minutes after my past midnight order, the free shipping all day notice went up,  but my order shows 8 shipping charges.  After seeing your post,  I emailed the social team for a shipping adjustment, but told my request has been referred to the finance committee.  Hope I am as successful as you were in getting the free shipping day promotion honored.

@flgirl2 Have your items shipped yet? They can't issue the refund until the items actually  ship. I don't know about the finance committe but I hope you are successful. I would probably email them again. Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Incredibly Low Prices on Linea Tibetan Necklace and the Couture Multi-Strand Necklace

Yes my order has shipped and is on the way,

with 8 shipping charges and tracking numbers.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of my orders have arrived. I really like (J485280) 72" Grecian Metal DiscNecklace. So I called CS and I gave them the order number of the one that just arrived. I ordered the other three colors and they were able to give me the "Friday" price on all three.  Amazing, the gift that just keeps giving.

This is a wonderful necklace. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I received the Roma coin necklace at the low low price and it is far more than I had expected!  It is gorgeous, very expensive looking, dull color to the antique look coins, and it hangs so beautifully to fill a neckline.  So happy I took a chance on it.

Also received the triple-strand bead necklace in plum= wonderful!  It is the perfect color for me and not too fancy, know I'll wear this a lot as plum is my color. 

ETA:  It is $81 now and I paid around $25 on the "mistake" sale; couldn't they cut everyone a break and reduce jewelry at least 40%??  And sell it all?

I think QVC really did a disservice to Louis and customers and new customers by not having Linea jewelry shows and really featuring his collection of some of the very best fashion jewelry I have seen.  What a shame they'll no longer have it...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

author,

First of all, I'm delighted you love those two necklaces.  I bought them when first offered as I sensed they would satisfy my desires.

As Louis writes more on his blog about his experience with QVC following the fracture that occurred in 2010, we can more clearly understand what he has experienced the last 10 years.  Those of us who "cocked our tinfoil hats" were not very much off the mark when we suspected he was being given second-class treatment for his line.

Your post gives me a springboard to write what I've been thinking for the last two weeks during which other QVC lines have been presenting their Spring designs.  It struck me that the other lines were indulged with the freedom to buy from a wider variety of fabrics than Louis; to offer a great many more colors than he was ever allowed; to offer a variety of sizes/lengths (he had to fight for petite pants, for heaven's sake!); and to offer water resistance on raincoats and jackets.  That was certainly a luxury he was never given to include in his designs.   

What struck me was that these great artistic and designer freedoms were wasted on nearly every one of the vendors who received them.  No one has his eye for just the right shade of a color or which shades work harmoniously together.  

In my mind it seemed like the dimwitted scion of a rich family was able to go to a top-notch school while the brilliant and gifted child of a lower-income family could attend only a lesser institution.  (Not that someone cannot learn in such an institution, but the opportunities for success would be greater if the student attended a selective school.)

Anyway, I believe it is clear who is who in the above scenario.  I'm not casting aspersions, but I viewed the entire lesser treatment package that Louis received as a regrettable action.

ETA:  I forgot to include some of the most egregious parts of the handling:  horrible timeslots (I just loved those 2:00 a.m. shows) and TSVs that were few and far between.  Really, what line could survive with that?

Respected Contributor

@golding76 

Well said!  I do believe that after the 2010 upsurge of support he was not treated well but never complained, and persevered because he loved to design and create, and he loved to make beautiful collections for us, his loyal customers here.

Very sad that QVC could not see how to promote and treat someone of his caliber.  I could see any one of these beautiful timeless jewelry pieces featured in a full page color Vogue ad, just as his Anne Klein line was.  They never even gave him prime time, or a TSV, or a separate jewelry show.   

There is so much dross on now I don't even turn on the tv to check.  I guess they have moved on from what would be my shopping choices and are banking on a new demographic, new merchandise.  

And so it goes....

Respected Contributor

For quite a while I have thought Louis only put up with all the restrictions because of us, his loyal customers. If I could afford it at the time I bought items I loved in multiple colors as I was concerned the ptb might decide to discontinue the line.

My last jewelry pieces arrived today and they are outstanding.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone buy the Linea "Luxe Link Necklace" (J491851) during that madcap sale on Friday, a week and a half ago?

If so, what did it sell for?  TIA

product thumbnail

Super Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Did anyone buy the Linea "Luxe Link Necklace" (J491851) during that madcap sale on Friday, a week and a half ago?

If so, what did it sell for?  TIA

product thumbnail

I was wondering the same about the Fez Medallion Necklace and its price?

I know that neither of these peices were under $30. If the Luxe link Necklace was under $30 I would have bought one. Some linea necklaces were not effected by the madcap sale.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

vickybliss,

What you wrote is very interesting.  I wonder if there will ever be another sale like the insane one we had the other week and if the Fez and Luxe Link will have slashed prices.

By the way, if you haven't seen the April 2021 issue of Harper's Bazaar with an unrecognizable Jane Fonda on the cover, look at the Tiffany & Co. ad on page 26.  The bracelet featured shares its DNA with the Luxe Link necklace.

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Luxe-Link-Necklace.product.J491851.html?sc=PSCH&qq=mh&TZ...

Tiffany HardWare Bracelet

Tiffany HardWear link bracelet in 18k rose gold with diamonds, medium.

That Louis.  He knew how to keep us chic.

(At first, I thought it was Pink, the singer, on the cover.)