Trusted Contributor

Increased Clearance Pricing

[ Edited ]

Just a heads up for our Linea folks that as one who checks the current Linea inventory very often, that I have noticed some clearance prices on items have been INCREASED instead of being further discounted.

One example is A302611, the Petite Ponte Crop pants, pricing increased from $30.99 to $35.67. Another example is A385145, the Tartan Plaid Blazer, which has been increased to $72.42, while for many weeks it has been in the $65 dollar range....
Another example is the Linea Blazer A343162, which has held at $81.00 (original price) and is now showing at $83.83.

For the line of Linea, which has been one of the best designed lines offered by QVC,    the news that the line was being discontinued was very disheartening and totally dismissive of a designer who provided a great majority of us who shop here many beautifully designed pieces over the past 20 years. For a line that has been discontinued, why are there so many ups and downs in the pricing? I know I am not the only one who checks the inventory quite frequently to check on not only prices but availablity of stock.  

Super Contributor

Re: Increased Clearance Pricing

I noticed the increase in prices, as well. Technically, this item is not on clearance, but I periodically check items that I purchase within the last month. I do that because I know that if the item reduces in price, QVC will meet the new price. Anyway, item A397184: Isaac Mizrahi Stripe Tee was $36.00. It is now $37.26. Not a big increase. Still, I wondered about that. Anyone else on the forums notice this? Why is this? Just curious...

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @TexasMom1 , @reviewer from sc !  I seem to remember from years past that June-July is one period where the Q has increased prices even on clearance (which makes no sense to me...if they can't get rid of it at a lower price, a higher one will work?). Sounds like one more system/computer limitation to me.  They apply increases by product group, not selectively.  The practice has carried over to HSN.  I just noticed one of my wish list items there on clearance has increased in price.

Respected Contributor

Hasn't the same thing been going on at Amazon for years? That's why I never put anything in my wish list there.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Hasn't the same thing been going on at Amazon for years? That's why I never put anything in my wish list there.

On my Amazon wish list, I mark the price under comments so I can see the price fluctuate!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to know what is goi g on with their overall price increases? I don't want to hear the pandemic, or items are hard to get. Nope, they already have most of these items in warehouses. I don't like being duped. But it's a TURN OFF to see prices rising high on even sale items. QVC, think smart. Don't do it! 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Raising prices on clearance items?!?!?   Is that not the dumbest business move ever??? QVC, you've already paid for this merchanside and continue to pay annual taxes on everything sitting on your warehouses. Smart business says to reduce your inventory. Since Q decided to let Louis go, just rip off the bandaid and move out his wonderful fashions and jewelry for us to enjoy!! Quit playing these ridiculous pricing games!! What is the sense in prolonging his presence since you don't want him anymore??  Bargain basement price his merchandise and move it on out. The Linea Ladies would love some really good deals. Then I can be DONE with QVC once and for all. 

Trusted Contributor

rae smith, your response is a perfect analogy to the Linea situation here on QVC! I agree they need to rip off the band-aid and move the inventory out. It is not as if any more items are being shipped from China. The demise of Louis' line has been so painful to watch. The Linea forum used to be bustling with activity and ideas and comments regarding the wonderful shows that Louis always provided. "Who wouldn't want to look like this?" always a fond memory. It was always the first thing I checked on in the morning on QVC. 

Now the Q wants to make way for younger designers to satisfy the millenials crowd and so far, what I have seen of some of these so called designers and their offerings and I use that term lightly, is not appealing in any way. Much less seeing how overpriced most of it is for the lackluster designs. There is no comparison between the caliber and experience of someone like Louis Dell Olio compared  to some of these younger "designers". Mr. Dell Olio had a very loyal following of customers who continued to purchase clothing over all of the years. His unappreciated treatment by the higher ups at QVC was and is shameful. This dragging his inventory out with constant price changing games is an insult not only to Louis but to his customers. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with all the comments regarding how agonizing and confusing the slow-motion depletion of the Linea inventory is.

However, I remember that the Rachel Zoe line on QVC had the same prolonged demise that Linea is now groaning through.  Not that I liked Zoe's creations very much, but I checked in often after she left QVC because she had a brooch that I was particularly interested in, and it sat there at least 4-5 years (I think) until all stone options were finally bought.  The price of the brooch (and her other remaining items) went up and down, up and down repeatedly until all were purchased. 

The truth is that I have been wondering if the Linea line will suffer the same fate as that of the Rachel Zoe line, i.e., a long and agonizing end. 

Frequent Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

On my Amazon wish list, I mark the price under comments so I can see the price fluctuate!

I used to do that with my QVC wish list but they took the comments section away.