Respected Contributor

If you love Louis's trench coats.....

A374663 This is the same classic Linea trench we all love, but unlined in a beautiful drapey crepe fabric that doesn't wrinkle, hangs on your figure perfectly, and fills the need for a warmer weather trench.

I got it in black last year when it first came out for the full price, and recently received the blue color which I love even more - it is saturated, not too dull, rich with periwinkle undertones.  Looks very expensive, and looks so flattering with my very fair skin, silver streaked hair.

I wore it yesterday with simple deep indigo straight leg NYDJ jeans, a black scoop neck WK sweater, and the long mobile necklace in mixed metals.  Wow, an elegant/casual look that I know I'll wear often, just beautiful.  I got my usual size and it buttons nicely, no pulling over hips and looks even better hanging open.  

It's a steal at the reduced price.  Wear a warmer sweater under it during cooler spring/fall weather; it's that perfect final touch to create your look, languid elegance.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you love Louis's trench coats.....

I bought this in black a few weeks ago, along with the cargo pants & Jac’s blouse in black.  I also plan to wear it with jeans & WK ss

mock neck. (Off the topic, but I also bought the lace jacket in 2 colors.  Really lovely!)

Regular Contributor

I also bought it in blue, a luminous periwinkle with some grey or black in it. Tailoring just breaks your heart -- superb, and the last chapter in the Linea story.

I did size up because I found it snug through upper arms and bust. And no, those are not pandemic pounds talking :-)

Honored Contributor

@author - I too bought it when it first came out- in light tan. And I recently got the other two colors.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@author @Magny   I love the look of this unlined crepe trench, but I'm struggling to find a use for it in my casual retired life. Over jeans, yes, but where to? The supermarket? No. The doctor's? Maybe. Out to eat at a nice restaurant? Yes, but I'm not doing that right now.

If I were still working, I'd buy two.

Where do you see yourselves using this?  

Regular Contributor

@PickyPicky3 I plan to wear it with pants for traveling by car or plane, with pants or knee length skirts anytime I want to look a little spiffy. It does not look like "too much". I fell in love with the blue and would have ordered all the colors if they worked on me. Get the matching pants too for a great travel outfit.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

I wore it today to the drugstore and then PetSmart! 

Was wearing a black cashmere turtleneck and light wash jeans, clark's flats (casual grey suede) and the black trench.  The blue would have looked just as nice and even more casual I think because it is a color.  I was warm in cloudy 45-degree weather.  I buttoned the coat and popped the collar.  It did not look too dressed up at all and was so comfortable for running errands.  I don't use the belt; have it tied in back.

It would be great for travel as it isn't too heavy.

That's how I always dress.  If it had been raining I would have worn a nylon rain-repellant Martha Stewart lightweight coat I have in dark olive with a cool pleated collar instead.  I am not an athleisure kind of person;  I don't own a hoodie or sweats.  Just the way I am.

Of course when things open up and the pandemic has eased, lunch out, dinner out, meeting friends, going to events, shopping, all places/events when I'd wear this coat even in the summer as AC here is brutally cold.

HTH!  It's just such a great buy for a coat that looks like it cost hundreds, and is not in the least flimsy or skimpy.  

Respected Contributor

@CGee @Magny 

So good to hear you love it too!   It does break your heart to see the beautiful detailing and tailoring and know the Linea era is ending.

The blue color is exquisite. 

I also have the matching blue pants, and they too are wonderful, a wider softer leg that is so "in" right now and would be perfect with the coat for travel.  So easy and comfy.

This coat is what you need if you don't know quite what is missing in your outfit, just throw it on and you look fabulous.....

Trusted Contributor

@author wrote:

@PickyPicky3 

I wore it today to the drugstore and then PetSmart! 

Was wearing a black cashmere turtleneck and light wash jeans, clark's flats (casual grey suede) and the black trench.  The blue would have looked just as nice and even more casual I think because it is a color.  I was warm in cloudy 45-degree weather.  I buttoned the coat and popped the collar.  It did not look too dressed up at all and was so comfortable for running errands.  I don't use the belt; have it tied in back.

It would be great for travel as it isn't too heavy.

That's how I always dress.  If it had been raining I would have worn a nylon rain-repellant Martha Stewart lightweight coat I have in dark olive with a cool pleated collar instead.  I am not an athleisure kind of person;  I don't own a hoodie or sweats.  Just the way I am.

Of course when things open up and the pandemic has eased, lunch out, dinner out, meeting friends, going to events, shopping, all places/events when I'd wear this coat even in the summer as AC here is brutally cold.

HTH!  It's just such a great buy for a coat that looks like it cost hundreds, and is not in the least flimsy or skimpy.  

Author, we must be sisters as I do not care at all for hoodies, sweats, and athleisure clothes either.  I have always been this way since I was a teenager.  I very seldom wear a pair of jeans out of the house.  I prefer slacks with a nice top.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crawford5153 

Yes!  Actually I didn't even own jeans until about 10 years ago and then they started to be more comfortable with lighter weight denim  than the jeans from in the past, had stretch so they fit better and stayed looking non-schlumpy as you wore them.  Plus, I think it was watching "What Not to Wear" and listening to Lisa Robertson extoll the virtues of jeans as an alternative to slacks that made me give in and try them.