Respected Contributor

Re: If you love Louis's trench coats.....

Well, I'm still on the fence. I so yearn for clothes that are unique in concept, flattering and yet affordable. This trench is all of those. Yet I'm blocked on purchasing outerwear that won't keep you warm or dry or block the wind. I'll sleep on it tonight.

Thanks for your responses!

Trusted Contributor

@author wrote:

@crawford5153 

Yes!  Actually I didn't even own jeans until about 10 years ago and then they started to be more comfor  than the jeans from in the past, had stretch so they fit better and stayed looking non-schlumpy as you wore them.  Plus, I think it was watching "What Not to Wear" and listening to Lisa Robertson extoll the virtues of jeans as an alternative to slacks that made me give in and try them.  

Forgot to say I have the Linea longer trench coat in the Moss and the Joan Rivers tan trench coat love them both.  Wore them both to the grocery store and the doctor's office.

Honored Contributor

@author 

I passed on this, but did purchase the jacket, and matching pencil suit 

in the most gorgeous plumb.

Thanks for the heads up!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@author @Magny   I love the look of this unlined crepe trench, but I'm struggling to find a use for it in my casual retired life. Over jeans, yes, but where to? The supermarket? No. The doctor's? Maybe. Out to eat at a nice restaurant? Yes, but I'm not doing that right now.

If I were still working, I'd buy two.

Where do you see yourselves using this?  

I Not too sure right now, but I live in NYC, so theoretically I could wear it anywhere, though I haven’t, as it just got warm.  I am sentimental about Louis, too!  As things open up, we’ll be going to various weddings & visits here, so I’ll enjoy a new jacket.   By the way, it’s been reduced again to about $48.
I ordered the zodiac chain the other day, as a “last hurrah”!

Regular Contributor

@Magny Thanks for the price drop alert!  It's a lunch special so I screenshotted it and you saved me $12. 

Respected Contributor

@Magny 

This coat would be perfect for NYC!  Hope you like it and the zodiac chain.  Every time I have ordered something Linea since the first of the year I think it is the last hurrah.....and then.....something else comes along, like the surprise low low low prices the other day on jewelry.  I am always happy I ordered so hope you will be too.

Trusted Contributor

@author wrote:

@Magny 

This coat would be perfect for NYC!  Hope you like it and the zodiac chain.  Every time I have ordered something Linea since the first of the year I think it is the last hurrah.....and then.....something else comes along, like the surprise low low low prices the other day on jewelry.  I am always happy I ordered so hope you will be too.

I shopped Linea from the very first show, which was outdoors, in Liberty State Park, in NJ.  I’ve loved it all, but now retired, I have 

more than enough!  I’ll certainly miss Louis & of course, Jac.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nice to wake up to a price reduction. Plus last night I had a dream about global warming, which I take as a sign that I'll get more use than previously thought from an unlined lightweight jacket. It's a go!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a heads up that the faux suede trench is a LTS today (so are the faux suede bootcut pants and the lamb knit jacket).  The price for the trench is below $64.