Respected Contributor

Re: If Issac can, why can’t Louis......

All things considered, and many that we don't know about, I'm very happy with the Linea offerings, the fabrics and styles.  The fabrics this year have been fabulous:  the crepes and gauzes, the new jeans pants, the trench, the shadow print top, and whisper knits of course, top of my list.

If these continue and Louis discovers more that work into the cost/quality considerations I will be very pleased.

Respected Contributor

@author wrote:

All things considered, and many that we don't know about, I'm very happy with the Linea offerings, the fabrics and styles.  The fabrics this year have been fabulous:  the crepes and gauzes, the new jeans pants, the trench, the shadow print top, and whisper knits of course, top of my list.

If these continue and Louis discovers more that work into the cost/quality considerations I will be very pleased.

@author - I too love Louis’s designs and fabrics!  Prefer his Whisper Knits over wool and cashmere.  His polyesters feel and flow like silk.  Adore the Moss Crepe and Gauze Crepe.  

Am in Whisper Knit heaven with the Mock Neck Tunic and Open Front Cardigan - and the Midi Skirt re-order is coming soon!

And also coming soon - the Faux Suede Pants - the Suit - the Leather/Knit Topper (October Big Deal) - the sequinned Pant (saw the Sneak Peek - Fabulous) - Tuxedo Jacket - Holiday Jewellery......oh my!

Respected Contributor

Isaac is not owned by Isaac.  His brand his owned by Xcel Brands.  They also now own Judith Ripka, Halston as well as Isaac and maybe others.   I am sure Xcel has a lucrative contract with QVC.  Louis owns his clothing line.  I would agree lately Louis has more air time etc.

Honored Contributor

Someday polyester will be outlawed due to its plastic components adding to the pollution already out of control in our oceans.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Someday polyester will be outlawed due to its plastic components adding to the pollution already out of control in our oceans.

@GingerPeach

I doubt that will happen.  Microorganisms have been discovered that "eat" plastc.  Info eaily found via Google.   

Recall - microorganisms have also evolved that "eat" oil spills.

Plastics come from petroleum by-products.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach

I doubt that will happen.  Microorganisms have been discovered that "eat" plastc.  Info eaily found via Google.   

Recall - microorganisms have also evolved that "eat" oil spills.

Plastics come from petroleum by-products.

Hi @ALRATIBA

I'm familiar with those organisms.  Have been for a long time.

I believe in prevention rather than cure.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Contributor

As someone who is late to Louis and his Linea line, I just want to thank all of you Linea Ladies who fought to keep Louis on the Q and on air.  I started buying about 2 years ago and am in love with the whisper knit line.  It is my go to 3 season wardrobe for work and I always feel like a million dollars when I wear this clothing.  Even my teen son tells me I look "elegant" when I have my whisper knit on.  I am a 1x and it's not easy to find clothing in my size, reasonably priced that is so well made and, well.... elegant!

I do buy some Isaac and Susan Graver too.  Generally, IM clothing does not fit my body as well.  I am grateful that Louis offers what he does but I would be thrilled to see some TSV's and more easy pay and, of course, more shows!!

Thanks to those who kept him on QVC.

WinterGirl~

Respected Contributor

Louis' line just hasn't been doing it for me lately.  For a while, everything was hit with the asymmetry stick, and the styles he has been showing are too mature for my taste.  I was interested in the shadow print so-called peasant tunic, but I won't buy it because it is polyester - not breathable, and murderously hard on the environment.  I also don't think that the fabric looks particularly good on the body because it is so thin and every time I watch a presenation of it it just reminds me of negligee fabric.  It's a beautiful top, great color palettes, elegant print, but the fabric kills it for me.

So as long as polyester continues to rule the line, my wallet stays in my pocket.

Respected Contributor

@Favorite Son I have bought some of Linea polyester just because the designs and fit are so good...but I have drawn the line....no more polyester from anybody!!!!  Honestly, I have yet to see if I can wear them....maybe in colder weather, or just look at them!  

Respected Contributor

The only way I could possibly wear polyester (assuming that I like the look of the fabric, which I don't), would be to layer over a tissue weight cotton v-neck t-shirt, the kind I wear to yoga.  But I just refuse to buy anything polyester, or anything with acrylic in it, or pants that have rayon in them.  I'll buy the occasional rayon blended sweater, but lately I haven't been happy with those purchases, either.

Honestly, I'm still wearing my ten year old Talbots rayon/nylon crepe knit cardigans and v-neck shells and still loving them.  They are so old that they have the script "Talbots" with the red "T" in the yellow circle with black edging.  That's ollllllllllld, but they still look good and have the more tailored fit that I like.