Trusted Contributor

Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE READ

@culebra,  I understand completely Louis's comment about his manufacturer, Elaine.  They have worked hand in glove with the production of Louis' designs for 20 years.  As a retired interior designer, I know we are only as good as our workrooms and those relationships are key ones.  That goes for the execution of design as well, as the best are picky about whom they want to work for.

Hopefully Louis and Elaine will regroup after Elaine has fulfilled her contractural obligations with QVC after the end of 2021

Regular Contributor

The loss of Elaine as his manufacturer is of course a major blow to Louis and the future of the clothing line. They shared a dedication to quality in manufacturing and attention to the details that made the Linea line so precious to us. When Louis came up with a design that posed challenges in the production process, they found a way to solve the problems. 

But her decision to retire and cease fashion production is a far different matter from the production of Louis' jewelry line--which has a different manufacturer and diffrerent arrangements with the Q.

The jewelry line only received limited airtime, with only 1 show on TV in its history.  When mentioned during Linea fashion shows, it was always just a mention with the viewers told to go to QVC online to view and purchase. So the argument that the Q needs to 'make room' on air for new brands and to accomodate other lines now that there is only the QVC main channel does not hold water when it comes to the Linea jewelry.

As I understand it, the Q provided online space to show the jewelry and functioned as an order-taker for our online purchases. But the jewelry manufacturer was more involved in the fulfillment process.  We know from our own experiences that the Q is not maintaining a large inventory in their own warehouses and the jewelry has been taking much longer to deliver than fashion. 

At the least, we should continue our fight to save the jewelry line.  We owe Louis that much.

Valued Contributor

@blinddogs he just said today on his blog that the jewelry company will probably be closing down as well.  And no more repairs after 2020.

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@blinddogs he just said today on his blog that the jewelry company will probably be closing down as well.  And no more repairs after 2020.

@tipsy   Ugh.  End of an era, the jewelry company, Elaine and Louis.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Authentic talent and professionalism will be taking a mighty big hit at QVC.  

I hope QVC notices that we do not take to their other lines, even if left with no other immediate options.  Oh, maybe a casual top here or there from Denim & Co. or whatever, but as for buying great quantities of sweaters, nabbing tailored jackets, lusting after feminine blouses or melting before gorgeous jewelry -- well, all that will now be a thing of the past after Louis, his jewelry line and Elaine have left the building. 

It was a magical dream while it lasted.

Fingers crossed:

https://www.google.com/search?q=we%27ll+meet+again&oq=We%27ll+mee&aqs=chrome.0.0i355i433i457j46i433j...

Respected Contributor

I think after my latest purchases I will have enough clothes to last me and only need under things...as long as I don't change sizes.

Trusted Contributor

I received my Linea silvertone glasses/mask chain today. No more nice Linea presentation box. It came in a plain black box. No romance card, no nothing.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Does it work for glasses? I've given up on so many? Also does the silvertone look real or like stainless?

Trusted Contributor

@lavendarIt looks like sterling silver. Nice and bright. It does work for glasses because there were the little attachments included in a separate plastic baggie. The chain has a nice, weighted feel to it. Haven't tried it with masks, but it has a lobster-claw-type clip on the ends for them. At least it's got his name stamped in the metal.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004