Trusted Contributor

IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE READ

[ Edited ]

Please read Louis's blog, specifically his Farewell Letter.  To paraphrase, he states that there is no possibility that QVC will change its mind.  New vendors have been added.  And very importantly, Elaine, his manufacturer, is retiring.  He would never want to proceed without her.  As I remember, Elaine was also the manufacturer for Bob Mackie and Joan Rivers.  Her business has virtually dried up.  

As a retired interior designer, I understand completely  the need to absolutely rely on your workrooms.  They are not interchangeable.

My only hope at this point is that Louis and Elaine might regroup and seek another opportunity.  But it will not be at QVC, at least not under this management.  If ever.

Honored Contributor

Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE READ

Man Sad

Valued Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia 

Have you communicated with Louis asking if he wants to continue with his line elsewhere? Thank you 

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  Options are very few if existant at all at this point in time.  Retail is now a mess, a headache and a heartache, as well as some other factors.  The ground may shift in time, of course, but there are no good options at this time.

Honored Contributor

While he is seeking another opportunity in fashion, he might decide to write the book that is aching to be written.

I think he should think seriously about this. 

Trusted Contributor

@golding76Oh, I think we would all want to have that book!  Another thing to keep in mind is that after Louis stepped down from Anne Klein, it was a full year before he started working again.  That was a commissioned project for Neimans, Bergdorfs, and Holz Renfrow in Canada.  Afte that, it was menswear for Sy Syms that was also very successful.  Then after Sy died and management changed, Louis declined to work with the new group.  Another pause until QVC asked him to develop a line for them.

A substantial difference, of course, is that Louis is older now.  But I don't see him putting away his pencils and sketch pad forever.  Designing is just too much a part of him.  Jac told me once that she didn't think that Louis would ever retire.  Let's just hope that there is  a new chapter!

Valued Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

While he is seeking another opportunity in fashion, he might decide to write the book that is aching to be written.

I think he should think seriously about this. 

@golding76 

Wonderful idea. The book would be a bestseller.

Respected Contributor

A book would be nice, but I can't wear it. 🥲 It would make me so happy to hear he will be continuing to design and sell his excellent creations somewhere else. 

Honored Contributor

I worry about a 'non compete' clause that may prevent him from going elsewhere for a short time. But since he was dropped, it may void it if there is one in his contract.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I would like for Louis to write a book.  I would like to have a book.  My children have asked me to write a biography.  I could include a reference to said book were he to write it, stating that in the winter of my life I wore his clothes with pride.