Valued Contributor

Seems to me they spent the majority of the funds allotted for Linea on jewelry. Not much new, no reorders of best sellers like the super ponte pants or whisper knits.  As much as I love his jewelry, I much prefer fashion. 

Honored Contributor

@buddylou.  Are you privy to inside information on how funds are "allocated"?  I believe the buyers buy what they think will sell best.  There's too much competition from other lines for the whisper knits.  I find that Louis pants fit very poor, although I can wear about anything in Denim & Co.  Maybe others feel the same so don't buy them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of the "statement " jewelry.....nor the cost....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I’m so disappointed

[ Edited ]

October, November, December, and January shows haven't been on air! Give Louis a chance before making negative statements. Whisper Knits are yet to come. We all await them with baited breathe, but in due time. Enjoy the jewelry shows in the meantime. His talents are in many! Never know that that creative brain will think of next!

Sit back and enjoy his unique variety in items, as do many of his customers who delight in purchasing those pieces.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

He said on his blog QVC cut his budget.  "Budgets are cut whenever they get a new designer."

But, it looks like Susan Graver, Logo, and Isaac must still have huge budgets. 

I'm surprised he stays any longer.  Says he can't afford all leather jackets, but Denim & Co, Isaac, Halston, and others can.  And only Isaac is allowed all cashmere sweaters.  Why is that?

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@buddylou.  Are you privy to inside information on how funds are "allocated"?  I believe the buyers buy what they think will sell best.  There's too much competition from other lines for the whisper knits.  I find that Louis pants fit very poor, although I can wear about anything in Denim & Co.  Maybe others feel the same so don't buy them.

Many Linea Ladies love his pants.  I find that they fit perfectly about 99% of the time.

Honored Contributor

Jewelry is in style forever & it always fits! Woman Wink 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@buddylou wrote:

Seems to me they spent the majority of the funds allotted for Linea on jewelry. Not much new, no reorders of best sellers like the super ponte pants or whisper knits.  As much as I love his jewelry, I much prefer fashion. 

Louis has mentioned on his blog that he does not have separate budgets for jewelry and fashion, and I was thinking the same thing as you--if push comes to shove, I want fashion--especially Whisper Knits! 

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

October, November, December, and January shows haven't been on air! Give Louis a chance before making negative statements. Whisper Knits are yet to come. We all await them with baited breathe, but in due time. Enjoy the jewelry shows in the meantime. His talents are in many! Never know that that creative brain will think of next!

Sit back and enjoy his unique variety in items, as do many of his customers who delight in purchasing those pieces.  

No, BirkiLady, there is only one new Whisper Knit sweater coming in 3-4 colors.  There are no other new Whisper Knits or Whisper Knit reorders coming this 2019-2020 Fall/Winter season.  Louis has told us this multiple times on his blog.  He offered new styles and reorder colors and the buyers declined!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee  The lines you have mentioned are owned and backed by QVC. Why do you think those lines are on air so often? QVC pushes their own products! 

Linea is owned by Louis Del'Olio. He pays for his own air time and everything else to sell his line on QVC. He does far, far more than designing his products! He is truly talented in design and producing his products, as well as in all aspects of Fashion Merchandising. LDO is an amazing man.

Money screams; wealth whispers.