Honored Contributor

I have been a very, very bad girl.... : )

Without going into details, I think it's safe to say that Louis and his amazing fashion genius has made me spend more money on clothing than I have in a LONG time. The man knows his stuff, that's for sure. How can one person bring out SO MANY PERFECT ITEMS at once?! Love how he shows you different ways to wear it; alwasys classic and elegant without being stuffy.

PLEASE tell me it's not going to be this way every season.... my closet and my wallet can't take it!!! Smiley Tongue

Trusted Contributor

Re: I have been a very, very bad girl.... : )

@SahmIam wrote:

Without going into details, I think it's safe to say that Louis and his amazing fashion genius has made me spend more money on clothing than I have in a LONG time. The man knows his stuff, that's for sure. How can one person bring out SO MANY PERFECT ITEMS at once?! Love how he shows you different ways to wear it; alwasys classic and elegant without being stuffy.

PLEASE tell me it's not going to be this way every season.... my closet and my wallet can't take it!!! Smiley Tongue

In a word YES!  I hate to be the bearer of bad news (actually good in this case) but strap yourself in, it IS going to be bumpy ride! Smiley Wink

Welcome to the bad girl's bench!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

PLEASE tell me it's not going to be this way every season.... my closet and my wallet can't take it!!!

"Welcome to the 'Hotel Linea'---you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave!"

I just checked my 2017 orders and it was eye-opening.  Spending a lot, and it is skewed toward the 2nd half of the year---for the Fall/Winter clothes. Twenty percent of my Linea purchases was only jewelry. I was very surpirsed that I had spent tht much on Linea jewelry!

I'm retiring in a year---so buying lots now---as the "budget" (is that a thing?) for Linea clothes/jewelry will plummet by 75% from 2017 levels!!! But that still allows me to buy/replace 2-3 pieces a month!

Thank god I have enough Linea to last 2 lifetimes!

I also spent more on Linea jewelry this year than ever before. I have to get that Red Ombre Necklace next year---or die trying!

I think I'll have to get a "retirement" job just to get dressed up everyday and wear all my Linea!

So, like Anniebethsmom said, strap on your seatbelt---and enjoy the Linea ride! And, Louis is older than I am, so he's going to want to retire at some point---so get it while you can!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I have also purchased a lot beginning the season with all three Linea composition jackets that I have worn a lot.  They work in my wardrobe like my five animal jacquard jackets.  I am able to accesorize in so many different ways that one or more always goes on a trip with me.  

Super Contributor

Last year when going through old clothes I came across a lined georgette navy and white blouse with short sleeves and ruffled buttoned front. I looked at the label and when it said Linea, I couldn’t believe it. I have no idea when I got it, but have worn it with many navy outfits. It is definitely my first Linea purchase.
I'm trying to remember when I first got hooked on Linea. One of my older purchases is a topaz jacket from the 2012 fall collection. I just remember everything selling out. From the beginning I Ioved the classic Linea style. I didn't know about any of the blogs, but I got show reminders from QVC and I would watch. By watching the show regularly I learned about Louis's blog, then from his to this Linea blog, then to Jac's facebook page. I read this blog and made my first contribution on 12-28-2012.
I must say I got hook by buying a couple of things and just enjoyed wearing them.
Or maybe it was just plain vanity from the compliments I got. I love that fact that the clothes from the various years go together (Louis’s genius),
But you know you are hooked when you start stalking items. Also the easy pays have been my down fall . I must say this is more fun than the mall. You learn what looks good on you (thank you. models) and usually you can get it. As long as I have the money to pay my credit card in full every month, I’m in for the long haul. I guess that makes me a Lineaholic.

Valued Contributor

welcome to the club.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam - You have no idea!

Respected Contributor

I've been buying Linea since just about the beginning, and more and more each year--but the real EXPLOSION started with Whisper Knit. Once Louis brought us that fabric my purchasing increased exponentially and there was no looking back........

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh yes, Whisper Knit! That original turtleneck (A72448, I don't even need to look up the number, lol!) is such a staple that I have "backups for the backups" in some favorite, basic colors. No looking back is right ..... Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

So, true.  Once bitten by the Linea fashion bug, you can never turn back (or get rid of it, either).