Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Spoke with Corporate Customer Relations re: no new Whisper Knit or reorders

Every Needle Rib is a wonderful heft of WK fabric. Or how about reordering more of A37450 in the sapphire color? I see the lower sizes are all sold out!

I just received the last Small in that color.

Another thought— perhaps there is just one group of money for Linea which covers clothing and jewelry.

Maybe all the new jewelry took away from the percentage of clothing ordered? 

I wish we would get a plausible answer.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Re: I Just Spoke with Corporate Customer Relations re: no new Whisper Knit or reorders

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Every Needle Rib is a wonderful heft of WK fabric. Or how about reordering more of A37450 in the sapphire color? I see the lower sizes are all sold out!

I just received the last Small in that color.

Another thought— perhaps there is just one group of money for Linea which covers clothing and jewelry.

Maybe all the new jewelry took away from the percentage of clothing ordered? 

I wish we would get a plausible answer.

JJM I believe the buyer made a bad decision on what to purchase this year.  WK sweaters are an essential to the Linea line.  Just a IM T-shirts are for him.  Or Jeans are for Levi.  They need to allow for a bigger budget and not cut out the bread & butter WK product.  Glad your got a small in the sapphire color.  Did you get one of the Big Deal jackets?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom and everyone...

I've been wondering if the jewelry orders have become part of the overall budget for the Linea buyers. Regardless, imo, it's an epic fail on their part to eliminate any ('cept one) WK for the fall and winter seasons. Epic fail!!!

I very recently ordered quite alot of holiday gifts during the recent Barefoot Dream shows. Scarves, beanies and socks that much of could have very well been allocated to $Linea. I miss the WK scarves, would love to see WK berets and throws, too. Geez, holidays are right around the corner. I don't get it at all.

Add to this, the very small inventory of Ponte pants that have virtually sold out in all colors and sizes. It was sad to see these pants aired during the Big Deal Blazer presentation, knowing full well, many who would like to order this complement wouldn't find their size and color. If the smaller sizes sell out first, like they usually do... order more from the get go. Com' on, can't buy basic black pant now! Its a joke. And a very sad one. SMH.

Linea inventories are slimmed down. I know, as I'm helping my sister shop as a new convert. Lots of LTS and PTS sales and limited size and quantities across the brand. Yet other, long in stock items have continually inched up in price. Newer items seem to get price slashed in short order and others languish or rise. This all feels very wrong, in sooo many ways. I feel slapped. I can only imagine how Louis feels. 

Honored Contributor

@WhiteFlowers  Yes, I purchased the ivory first & before last night’s program, ordered the caramel. I did locate in my closet the petite dark forest green pants which should work with the caramel jacket. They were under the dark forest green embroided sleeved top & the malachite WK top.

@rochelleS  The combined budget is the only thing that makes sense to me for the lack of WK tops. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Maxine49 

I guess I missed Louis's information on the whisper knit new sweaters. Personally I cannot wait for the new fall stuff Louis will be showing. Last year he showed a wonderful pants suit. I purchased black w/ 2 pair of pants, mushroom with 2 pair of pants and a port jacket. Later in the season I purchased a tuxedo jacket also.  I am looking forward to wearing all of those suits etc again.  I hope Louis shows more new blouses also.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@WhiteFlowers  Yes, I purchased the ivory first & before last night’s program, ordered the caramel. I did locate in my closet the petite dark forest green pants which should work with the caramel jacket. They were under the dark forest green embroided sleeved top & the malachite WK top.

@rochelleS  The combined budget is the only thing that makes sense to me for the lack of WK tops. 

@JustJazzmom @Maxine49 @culebra @LIndaMJ @LIndaMJ 

I also purchased the Ivory & Carmel blazers.  Did you notice that the Ivory blazer has a perfectly pink stripe in it?  I know many of us have WK tops in PP.  That should be a unexpected fun pairing.  

Also the Carmel blazer has the deep forest green checks.  Planning on wearing this jacket with the Linea faux suede pants in deep forest green.  

Valued Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia wrote:

I cannot even count the numer of Whisper Knit garments I have! I of course have stacks of the turtleneck, but also the  cardigans, tanks, sleeveless for summer, short sleeved for summer, jersey weight, every needle weght skirts, slacks ----What DON'T I have?!!!  QVC can check my account any time, but they will have to go back many, many years as I first started buying them when Louis first brought them to us. And before they had the name "Whisper Knit"! 

It is VERY hard to understand this decision on the part of the buyer.

Barbara, did you get a blazer.  If so what color.

Contributor

Maybe about 2 years ago, I posted on Louis' blog to tell him how much I loved Whisper Knit (WK).  It is so well made, looks classy, super comfortable in wide temperature range, and can survive my punishing laundry procedure.  Last year it seemed like there were a lot of swing bottom options in more tunic lengths.  I'll have to see, but would not be my first choice to wear with the blazer. 

@rochelleS 

I totally agree that the reoders and new colors on the PONTE PANT hardly lasted.  This is my absolute favorite pant. period.  Just the fact that they don't pill where my thighs rub together is a miracle.
Esteemed Contributor

Ladies, recently Louis asked about colors in a probable reorder of the Shantung jacket and the possibility of the vintage Windowpane blouse. With the major disappointment in the lack of WK orders, I've been thinking I'd rather see more WK allocated to the "budget" instead. How do you feel about this?

Respected Contributor

I would definitely prefer WK sweaters over the other two pieces!  They are the core of my wardrobe, throughout the year.