Super Contributor

Re: I Just Spoke with Corporate Customer Relations re: no new Whisper Knit or reorders

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49  You are so wonderful...thanks for doing this!  I was in shock that there was only one new whisper knit too.  Yes, matching turtlenecks to the Big Deal blazer would have been nice.  Winter and no new whisper knit turtlenecks is just...wrong?!   I was hoping for new scarves and thought that the cropped cardigan and midi-skirt would be reordered for sure.  It’s such a wonderful fabric.  I like the thicker whisper knit for the cold weather months here (7-8 of them), but I wear ALL whisper knit because it’s such a LOVELY fabric.  

I too expect some whisper knit items to match with the upcoming spring/summer items. I hope the buyers are listening.  And if I have their ear, then more slim fit super ponte pants too please.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I Just Spoke with Corporate Customer Relations re: no new Whisper Knit or reorders

Thanks, @Maxine49 .  I am a huge buyer of WK.  If they choose not to reorder, they lose  my business.   I don’t like polyester and I’m not buying other QVC brand rayon nylon knits.

Respected Contributor

@lrmuffin wrote:

Thanks, @Maxine49 .  I am a huge buyer of WK.  If they choose not to reorder, they lose  my business.   I don’t like polyester and I’m not buying other QVC brand rayon nylon knits.

I totally agree with you. The buyer could has essentially "dissed" what I think it Louis' most popular fabric, and in doing so, has dissed us as well! What was the buyer thinking?!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

I cannot even count the numer of Whisper Knit garments I have! I of course have stacks of the turtleneck, but also the  cardigans, tanks, sleeveless for summer, short sleeved for summer, jersey weight, every needle weght skirts, slacks ----What DON'T I have?!!!  QVC can check my account any time, but they will have to go back many, many years as I first started buying them when Louis first brought them to us. And before they had the name "Whisper Knit"! 

It is VERY hard to understand this decision on the part of the buyer.

Contributor

I totally agree.  I live in whisper sweaters three seasons a year. 

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many colors that I missed out on.     I always figured that as a staple I'd be able to get them when the stock was replenished ... guess this will not be the case if the entire line is discontinued.

Trusted Contributor

Same here. I missed out on the caramel and have had no luck stalking for one in my size and figured I’d reorder when they came back in stock. 

Respected Contributor

I also own a lot of whisper knit sweaters - I mean a lot.  I live in Chicago and wear them a lot in late fall, winter and spring. Even I do not wear them all as much a I should.  We have not considered that possibly Louis has not designed new whisper knit styles.  

On another front I am looking forward to upcoming Louis.  We are just beginning with his fall line. We have not see hardly any sneak peeks!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear QVC Buyer:

We, the Linea customers, request that you seriously reconsider your buying strategy. We want, love and need Linea whisper knit —WK.  [Preferably Every Needle Rim].  It is a staplein our wardrobes that we depend on.  You missed the boat big time this year with your decision not to include more WK sweaters.  

Terrific Big Deal blazer that is screaming for a WK short sleeve, sleeveless and long sleeve option under this beauty.  

One new Vneck WK sweater for the entire 2019 and winter 2019/20 is an insult to your customers.  

FYI left message with Corporate regarding this issue

UPDATE—Corporate called me back within 5 minutes and was polite & professional she guaranteed this request/concern would be passed on to the Linea buyer.  

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

We have not considered that possibly Louis has not designed new whisper knit styles.  

Oh yes we have---Louis told us on his Blog that he offered both new and reorders on Whisper Knits and the buyers did not go for them! I would not go to the trouble of calling Corporate if I did not know the facts!!!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel