Valued Contributor

Re: I Just Spoke with Corporate Customer Relations re: no new Whisper Knit or reorders

I prefer Linea fashions to Linea jewelry.  I am in my late 60's and have so much jewelry that doesn't ever get worn. So jewelry is the last thing I purchase these days.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Spoke with Corporate Customer Relations re: no new Whisper Knit or reorders

@rochelleS wrote:

Ladies, recently Louis asked about colors in a probable reorder of the Shantung jacket and the possibility of the vintage Windowpane blouse. With the major disappointment in the lack of WK orders, I've been thinking I'd rather see more WK allocated to the "budget" instead. How do you feel about this?

yes @rochelleS .....i am a little weary about bringing items back from the vault and also in adding one or two more colors to the piece. i am more interested in NEW styles, NEW shapes,  NEW colors, NEW patterns/designs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@WhiteFlowers  Yes, I purchased the ivory first & before last night’s program, ordered the caramel. I did locate in my closet the petite dark forest green pants which should work with the caramel jacket. They were under the dark forest green embroided sleeved top & the malachite WK top.

@rochelleS  The combined budget is the only thing that makes sense to me for the lack of WK tops. 

Yes, Louis mentioned on his blog that there is a single budget for clothing and jewelry---at least there was when he wrote it not too long ago!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Yes, Louis has mentioned there’s a single budget for Clothing & Jewellery and it’s also the same Buyer.
Contributor

OMG, I just saw this thread that there would not be any new whisper knit items.  I was searching and searching and wondering why there was nothing new in inventory! I need more skirts! I live in Whisper Knit from fall through Spring.  They fit great and are comfortable and professional for work. The only item I could find in my size was a black sweater which I grabbed.  This is a terrible decision by QVC.  If prefer the Whisper Knit over the jewelry. There is so much jewelry out there but no one does Whisper Knit!

I will let customer relations know of my disappointment!

WinterGirl

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45, I’m with you! I am sure it’s easier to pull an old pattern or add yet another color to a basic but I’d love more NEW!
Respected Contributor

Well, once again, our calls and complaints about the lack of WK's in the upcoming seasons has paid off!  I am very gratified. Now, let's make sure that when the new WK's do come out that they are a sell out--or close to, and that we leave reviews.  We're on this, gals......!!!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The one WK I'd like to see brought back from the vault in basics and new colors is the original vee neck. 

It's got a band at the bottom and sleeve ends rather than ribbing but it isn't snug or tight,   and a wide "open" flattering vee.  I have it in several colors and black, and it is one of those sweaters that stands the test of time and style ins and outs.  I need a new black one!!

It isn't a tunic but has some ease to it so it is very easy to wear pulled down straight or slouched a bit just below waist.  I love it, it's so versatile and flattering on its own or under a jacket or coat.  It is A217629.

Yesterday I wore one in a port/maroon shade with washed light slim leg jeans and honestly it was as stylish as you see in the new ads for the big stores.  And so soft and comfy, just an amazing sweater for so many body types too.

ETA:  I love any sweater with a bateau neckline - it's my very favorite.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased many WK T-necks but much to my chagrin, with worsening osteoporosis, I was unable to wear them as they emphasized my dowager's hump.  T-necks and short hair make it more visible. So, I lobby for bateau neckline WK.  

Most people, even techs who perform BMI do not recognize osteoporosis based on my general appearance until they begin examining me. I have tried to prevent leaning in and sitting slumped.  Steroids through the years for MS and asthma have contributed to the osteoporosis.

Although a bit uncomfortable to sit straight with shoulders back and head straight, I am trying to postpone the inevitable as best I can.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I too cannot wear the beautiful Linea turtlenecks anymore due to aging and medical issues and short neck, short hair.  I look best in a bateau neck or scoop or vee. 

I do hope the turtlenecks are brought back for all the "turtleneck gals" out there that I was for so so many years.  It's still the "look" I prefer especially in our cold winters, but it doesn't do me any favors anymore so I depend on scarves to fill neckline and keep me warm.  Only in blizzards do I wear my black cashmere one out of necessity!

Oh, how about more wK scarves???  I would get several more.....they wash up so beautifully too.