Respected Contributor

How is the fit on new white pants

How do pants that go with new blazer run re fit. I always take a S in Linea pants. One of the reviews said blazer and pants ran small. I have a pair of linen like trouser pants but they are packed away.

I'm a 10 in stores but Linea runs larger.

Also can these be worn in winter or is the fabric too 'summer?"

Trusted Contributor

Re: How is the fit on new white pants

@lavendar I ordered both the 12 and 14 in petites. At 5'6, the petites allow me to wear flats or kitten heels without hemming.  The ivory fit fine, very true to size on me but I would caution since there is no lining, the choice of undergarment needs to be considered.  The 14p drapes a bit more like a true traditional trouser would- think Katherine Hepburn. I'm inclined to say I prefer the looser fit but since there are none available in my size, I will be keeping them.  They are truly beautiful and can be worn year round.  The fabric is reminiscent of a beautiful gabardine.  All around a home run from LDO. HTH.

Respected Contributor

I'm only 5'2'' but can't wear petites. I'm VERY long waisted and trouser pants that hit the waistline are my best pants.

Explain the special underwear comment please. Can you see through them? I noticed you could see the pockets

Trusted Contributor

@lavendar  I wouldn't wear a bright color underwear under these trousers.  Nude/white would be best.  They aren't see through even though you can see the pockets underneath in the stock photo and in person.  That aspect doesn't bother me at all- these are well-constructed trousers with a beautiful hand. I always wear nude undergarments with any light colored pant.

Respected Contributor

I ONLY wear nude or white undergarments. Still trying to figure out what size to get.

Super Contributor

Hi @lavendar I have many pairs of Linea Size 6 pants so I ordered  these in Size 6. They were a bit snug so I ordered the Size 8 and it’s the right size. Those are in black. I just ordered the white in a Size 8 so when those arrive I’ll know if the colors make a difference in sizing. I have had black run smaller in Whisper Knit. Anyway, I’d say maybe go up a size from your normal size. Good luck because they are beautiful pants.

Respected Contributor

I just checked some older ivory pants of his.  The color is a perfect match to the jacket.  They are fully lined and interestingly, the 6 in those actually fits better than the 8 in these that I ordered.  The sizing on both the jacket and  pants really seems to be off this time.

I'm on the fence now about the pants.  I am waiting to see if I get the WL jacket in a 10.   Depending on how it fits, I'll be sending one jacket and possibly the pants back.  Actually, if the second  jacket has any issues, I may send it all back.

I am just not happy with the 8 jacket.  While it "fits" with a sleeveless top, even the sheerest sleeve causes the sleeve lining to bunch up and makes it uncomfortable.  Also the button placement is just not right. While I can comfortably button it - with room to spare (it doesn't pull at all), the bottom kind of flares out and just doesn't lie flat like it should.  Hopefully a larger size would help that.  I know people are saying they will wear it unbuttoned - and even though I often do that, I want it to be functional either way.