Trusted Contributor

How Are You All Wearing Your Linea Collection These Days?

[ Edited ]

I am hoping we can keep this thread going for a long time! There are so many of us who have LOTS of Linea we have purchased over the years. I pretty much have purchased the last of anything Linea fashion wise. Most of my sizes are gone anyway. 

I have been "shopping" in my closet as well as looking for really deep discounts, whether here or on the Bay. 

I hope to wear my Riding Jacket ensembles that I purchased a year ago, but because of the pandemic, was here at home and had no place to wear those items. Now that my church has opened up and people are coming back in attendance, I look forward to wearing every new piece!

Please chime in and if you have any great styling ideas when putting your outfits together, feel free to post it here and let us know all about it! I know we all miss Louis and his wonderful fashions he put his heart and soul into for us. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: How Are You All Wearing Your Linea Collection These Days?

I always wear the whisper knits out an about doing errands in the cooler weather. I wear my more dressier Linea items to church.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started wearing his plaid blazers with denim pants now that our weather is cooler.  

Red/Navy blazer with dark blue denim pants.

Pine/Black with matching green or black denim pants. 

Respected Contributor

I will probably be ridiculed for saying this Smiley Happy but I am using his tuxedo jacket for a Halloween costume.  I do not normally go to costume parties but this year is a must.  I tried to order from Amazon and nothing I liked was in stock.  So I'm going to wear that jacket, some black leggings, lacey black gloves, black high boots and lots of jewelry and go as an aging rock singer.  Smiley Very Happy  I'm having my hair and makeup done in a weird rocky way.  

Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE that jacket (and all of my hundreds of Linea items) but some of you might think it's weird to wear it in this way.  I think I can pull it off.  

Honored Contributor

Whenever I care enough to present my very best to the outside world, I wear my Linea.  As I wrote so often here and on Louis's blog, I can never thank him enough for giving me an opportunity to have a classic, tasteful wardrobe that I wear with confidence and joy.

I have discovered that several multicolored pieces from the past have the same colors as newer multicolored pieces, and I wear them together.  Barbara in Virginia once wrote back to me the reason for this:  Louis repeats colors on purpose for this sort of discovery.

Honored Contributor

@santorini  Maybe go as Liza Minnelli or a show girl. All you would need is a   top hat & cane!

I've been wearing the WK short sleeved sweaters & the Linea Leisure pants.  Every day is casual Friday! Woman LOL

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I have started to go out again with friends and family. My husband and I went to the theater on Broadway and saw the new musical Moulin Rouge. We loved it. Afterwards wwe went to Joe Allen's for dinner. It's a very old very well known restaurant on Restaurant row in NYC. I wore my Plum WK cardigan, sleeveless TN and long WK skirt with dark wine boots and the wine glitterati necklace. I was so comfortable. I've also gone to some lunches with friends and pulled out my solid and plaid blazers in caramel, forest green and black. I wore WK under them, and jeans

Respected Contributor

I wear my Linea pieces all the time, but more casually, although my DH always says I look like I own the grocery store, not doing my weekly grocery shopping!

Today I wore the plum riding jacket with a Ralph Lauren ivory boatneck fisherman sweater/tunic, new straight leg Laurie Felt jeans that were a lunchtime special, suede Clark's booties and my new Dooney black/black zip zip satchel. The whole outfit looked like "me" sort of rustic upscale casual??? Ha!

I seem to always add a piece of Linea to the simplest outfit, mostly now in the fall it is from my huge jacket collection; yesterday it was the leather/knit jacket from a couple seasons back in the dark green, maybe Loden? It's gorgeous, a greyed deep rich green color.

Also wear lots of Linea jewelry, even like today it is the simple silver cuff from last year, easy to slip on at the last minute and always approriate.

Am looking forward to more Italian silver, definitely.

Frequent Contributor

I keep thinking of the lemon skirt he posted.  If I remember correctly, it was one he was working on to present and then.....

Trusted Contributor

I wore the lace jacket & tank, in dill green, to an evening wedding.  Luckily, I grabbed Jac’s Necklace in the neutral colors for an amazing price, & it looked beautiful.  

Also, have many blazers I’m looking forward to wearing, with either leggings or Laurie Felt jeans.