Respected Contributor

Re: Hoop Earrings arrived! My review....

@GraceCO wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

That's what I wrote (or I thought I did) regarding the exotic earrings finish: they don't look oxidized, they look old and scratched. I have items with an oxidize finish and this isn't anything like those items I own. I held the gold pair up to the screen and they look nothing alike. Between that and having a black pair of earrings in the mix instead of the hematite, back they went.

@SahmIam You might want to add your two cents on the blog under "Ask Louis", so Louis knows it's not just me!! At least one person has replied that this is the way they should look. I know for sure the finish on my other oxidized pieces are very different. Anxious to hear what he says. I'll likely keep mine regardless.

Since we are now allowed to post pictures, can someone take a picture with their camera and compare to other oxidized pieces?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

That's what I wrote (or I thought I did) regarding the exotic earrings finish: they don't look oxidized, they look old and scratched. I have items with an oxidize finish and this isn't anything like those items I own. I held the gold pair up to the screen and they look nothing alike. Between that and having a black pair of earrings in the mix instead of the hematite, back they went.

@SahmIam You might want to add your two cents on the blog under "Ask Louis", so Louis knows it's not just me!! At least one person has replied that this is the way they should look. I know for sure the finish on my other oxidized pieces are very different. Anxious to hear what he says. I'll likely keep mine regardless.

Ladies, Louis has answered in his blog (Ask Louis section).  He said that there is more than one factory that makes the earrings, which could account for finishes that are not identical.  Sad to say I don't care for the finish on my exotic set. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

The finish on my exotics was fine; maybe not as oxidized as some might wish, but no scratches as some of you have experienced. The hematite is shiny, the other colors dulled as expected However, I received 2 pairs of silver, and no copper. This is the 2nd mistake this WEEK from the Linea jewelry line; last week, I received a navy carnival necklace instead of a plum. Louis can do nothing about that. The CSR said she'd have them do a manual pull so my return should have all the correct earrings, but what if I get the scratched earrings that some of you others have received, which I don't  want? Back they'll go again, & this will be the last time. These mistakes are getting old fast, & it's pretty discouraging. I guess I'll just start wearing what I've already got ( which is plenty).

Respected Contributor

I received my exotic set and I agree with those of you who said the finish was a little on the bad side.  The hematite ones are pretty but the others just look old and banged up.  I'm waiting on the classic set to arrive but I'm leaning toward sending this set back.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Ladies, Louis has answered in his blog (Ask Louis section).  He said that there is more than one factory that makes the earrings, which could account for finishes that are not identical.  Sad to say I don't care for the finish on my exotic set. 

@shoesnbags, thanks for reporting back! 

That clears it up--what we received was an "off" batch. Think I'll return mine, since they sent me clip ons anyway. I really don't want to get in the loop of having even more issues, as others have experienced. So, I'll quit while I'm ahead! Such a shame, because I really like the earring.

Honored Contributor

My Classic pierced hoops arrived today & are fine. The gold & silver are bright. The black is black & the chocolate matches the barearrings or bar necklace in that color.

I compared the black from the Classic set & the hematite from the Exotic set. The hematite is a grayish black color vs. the shiny black from the Classic set. 

While I had the Exotic set out, I looked at the oxidation on the brass & silver earrings. They weren’t ‘off’ in color.

All the earrings are lightweight on my lobes.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

My Classic pierced hoops arrived today & are fine. The gold & silver are bright. The black is black & the chocolate matches the barearrings or bar necklace in that color.

I compared the black from the Classic set & the hematite from the Exotic set. The hematite is a grayish black color vs. the shiny black from the Classic set. 

While I had the Exotic set out, I looked at the oxidation on the brass & silver earrings. They weren’t ‘off’ in color.

All the earrings are lightweight on my lobes.

Hmm.  Sounds like some of us got "ox" finishes that were not the norm.  Glad that the ones you received are perfect!

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

That clears it up--what we received was an "off" batch. Think I'll return mine, since they sent me clip ons anyway. I really don't want to get in the loop of having even more issues, as others have experienced. So, I'll quit while I'm ahead! Such a shame, because I really like the earring.

@GraceCO  Louis replied again and said that he didn't mean the hoops were made in different factories, just that there were different factories involved in making different Linea products.  So we're right back where we started.  Not all of the ox finishes are the same, since @JustJazzmom 's hoops are just fine.  Mine are definitely not dull and oxidized - they are shiny with scratches.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@GraceCO  Louis replied again and said that he didn't mean the hoops were made in different factories, just that there were different factories involved in making different Linea products.  So we're right back where we started.  Not all of the ox finishes are the same, since @JustJazzmom 's hoops are just fine.  Mine are definitely not dull and oxidized - they are shiny with scratches.

@shoesnbags Geez. What should we do? Mine obviously have scratches and look dull & beat up, so that means the ones @JustJazzmom and others received are not in that condition. It's hard to miss. Are you thinking of trying an exchange?

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO@shoesnbags I would buy another set of Exotics & wait to return until you receive the latest order. 

I’m sorry to hear about all the problems with the earrings.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼