Respected Contributor

I always hand wash my Linea sweaters in cold water with Woolite and dry flat.  They come out like new.

Trusted Contributor

@Lyn08  -  I too have a sensitivity to wool.  I bought both the taupe and the oatmeal sweaters and while the taupe had a silky, smooth feel, the oatmeal felt a little scratchy, a totally different feel from the taupe, so I'm sending it back.  I may take a chance on the blue, since this is such a fabulous sweater.

Valued Contributor

I ordered this today in taupe. I think the wool content is fine; I have several of the rib knit skirts that are wool blends and no problems. Some irritation may also be from the chemicals used in processing the fabric. Once you clean it yourself by hand in a wool-care wash or gentle detergents like draft, it might be totally different. I wash woolen knits the first time using Unicorn Fibre-wash. It requires rinsing, which I think is important for getting rid of chemicals. After that, I may use non-rinse wool care like Eucalan or Soak. I prefer unscented. Or, if I think another full-rinse is needed, I'll use Fibre Wash again. There's also Fibre Rinse for when woolens need softening after significant loss of lanolin. It's a conditioner especially formulated for animal fiber-based yarn and garments.

Respected Contributor

I have this sweater in taupe and find no scratchiness at all, in fact, it is a lovely lightweight drapey knit much like the very finest Merino wool but soft with the blend of fibers.  An upscale casual look!

Respected Contributor

I own the hoodie in oatmeal.  There is absolutely no scratchiness at all.  I am going to buy another hoodie - a fabulous sweater.

Valued Contributor

My taupe sweater arrived yesterday. It's a bit thinner than I hoped, but was comfortably cozy. I'm wearing it this weekend with my Legacy skirted pointe leggings in aubergine. The plummy-brown is a nice compliment to the taupe, pulling out coordinating tones in the yarn.

Esteemed Contributor

I received my hooded sweater in the taupe color and was surprised how thin it was at first I was going to return it but once I put it on it was a keeper.   It's comfortable, fits perfect and I like the length.  I also think it's good for layering under a light outerwear item.  I love the taupe color as well nice neutral.