Esteemed Contributor

Hey QVC, how about a little easy pay on all of the new Linea?

I mean, really!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: Hey QVC, how about a little easy pay on all of the new Linea?

No kidding! Or free shipping. Or buy more save more! It would really entice me to buy more, but instead I’m having to choose, so I’m buying less. Good for me. Bad for them. Bad for my brain.
Honored Contributor

gardensla,

You plucked a thought right out of my head.

I was fully anticipating three Easy Pays on the new Whisper Knit Cropped Cardigan, paving my way for additional purchases.  Secretly, too, I had hoped that the new Whisper Knit pencil skirt would have Easy Pays for those who haven't yet bought that stylish item.

Just the new super ponte pant?  Aw, where are your business chops, QVC?

Honored Contributor

It has always felt to me as if Louis' best stuff sells out almost before it shows up on air, so if I were setting prices and EZPay, I'd have to wonder how much more the EZPay would entice buyers who are not already committed.

I assume that's the target audience for any EZPays.

Honored Contributor

millieshops,

You make good points, but am I incorrect in thinking that Linea sales -- like all other brands on QVC -- are not having immediate sell-outs as before?  It seems to me that things have been sitting on the shelves longer for everyone.

To prevent that, I would think Easy Pay would hasten things along.  The only other rational possibility for the absence of Easy Pay might be that not that many pieces were bought, and Easy Pay might have caused the embarrassment of not enough stock during the show.

Perhaps I am overthinking this.  I have enough problems without taking on QVC's sales.  Sometimes it is good to get involved in these discussions as a distraction from my own nettlesome problems. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla  Louis is doing the best job possible at keeping prices down and quality up. To me, that's more important than EZ-pay! He's in business for himself; not subsidized by QVC. Customers need to understand his line is funded by him. That money goes back into the next season's line of clothing.

Either you get shoddy fabrics and workmanship like some of the other clothing lines of QVC or you enjoy the high-end designs and great fabrics (like WK's) offered by Louis Del'Olio in small alotments and without monthly payments. He's doing the best job he is able to do under QVC's tight guidelines and restrictions. It's not an easy task for him to keep his prices so low. I'm buying while his prices are so reasonable and feeling so fortunate! It's a hidden secret in this corner of the world. Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

@gardensla  GRRRRRRRRRRRR  TOTALLY AGREE!  I almost ordered the cropped cardigans a couple days ago when they had a few hours of "everything on easy pay", but I wanted to wait for a review about fit to be confident about sizing.

RATS!

KK

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@gardensla  Louis is doing the best job possible at keeping prices down and quality up. To me, that's more important than EZ-pay! He's in business for himself; not subsidized by QVC. Customers need to understand his line is funded by him. That money goes back into the next season's line of clothing.

Either you get shoddy fabrics and workmanship like some of the other clothing lines of QVC or you enjoy the high-end designs and great fabrics (like WK's) offered by Louis Del'Olio in small alotments and without monthly payments. He's doing the best job he is able to do under QVC's tight guidelines and restrictions. It's not an easy task for him to keep his prices so low. I'm buying while his prices are so reasonable and feeling so fortunate! It's a hidden secret in this corner of the world. Heart

Louis is given a budget by the QVC buyers---that's how much they are going to buy from his line.  He has to fit his lineup into their buying budget. Also, they do not always buy all his designs. I'd love to know what they declined to order so we could petition for it---but that's never going to happen. Louis once and a while tells us that he designed something that the buyers took a pass on. We are very fortunate that the jewelry budget has actually increased, but they'll sometimes buy the necklace, but reject the bracelet and earrings.  He has now taken to adding the coordinating earrings to a set, which helps the budget and also affords savings in terms of packaging, inventory and shipping.

But bottom line Louis does not set any of the retail prices for his clothing, including whether or not there is EP, that is ALL on QVC!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady

I feel as you do. Linea prices are so reasonable, that I couldn't care less about EZ pay. Even when it's offered, I don't use it, because it's such a pain to keep track of and I prefer to just buy it outright. Makes the refund tracking easier, as well.

Respected Contributor

Sheesh, you are so right. How long did it take him to get them to buy the SEQUIN PANT. Was it 7 or 8 years ago he showed them on Maria? That is commitment.