Regular Contributor

Re: Have you kept your old Linea?

Those two herringbone faux linen pantsuits (stone and light olive, I think, were the colors) are among my all time favorites.  When the pants went on clearance I bought two extras just to have them as backups.  

My other wear forever pantsuits are the knit zipper front jacket and pants that were done in red, grey and navy. I have all three colors, and bought backup pants when they went on clearance.

Of course, the embroidered boucle jackets from eons ago are treasured antiques, as are Louis' old suedes and leathers.  I have one small closet that houses nothing but the "vintage" suede and leather Linea items. 

Valued Contributor

After scoring so many essential wardrobe pieces from Louis' show yesterday, I thought it again.  The same thought that has recurred in my mind for a long time now.  "How long can this man go on???"

With that concern in mind, it is no surprise that I do not part with Linea pieces.  There were one or two less than stellar purchases that I might have let go, back in the old days when Linea purchasing was more competetive than it is now.  

But the classics? - including the lotus print referenced - I keep and I wear.  Where else could I FIND such wonderful timeless classic pieces that work together with each other?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have most of my Linea because it's still looks good. I have parted with a few pieces, but I will never part with these oldies but goodies. The black lace skirt with sequins, the boucle jacket with the twisted ribbon and pearl trims. My red suede blazer with the ruffles in the back, the black suede blazer with studs and the one with the rings, the boucle jacket with the satin trims and the matching skirt, and of course the boucle jacket with the floral emb, which I own in three colors. The Ottoman zip jacket and skirt suit and those gorgeous ottoman sweaters. I could go on and on. The one thing that stand out is the consistant beautiful designs and quality. It all looks just as good today and just as "IN". Sorry to offend anyone, but there simply isn't anyone to compare with Louis. I think he is the jewel in the crown. If only QVC would recognize what they have!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not only do I have old Linea, but I have kept in my cedar closet some of Louis's old couture pieces from his Anne Klein days.  His stuff was gorgeous.  In the beginning I did not buy as much LInea as I do now.  One thing I did buy and keep was a black suede double breasted fitted jacket with beautiful hammered gold buttons from his first QVC winter season.  It came in black, majenta and forest green.  It is a beauty!  It was a copy from his Anne Klein couture collection.  He had done the jacket in his couture collection in leather.  I chose not to afford the leather iteration from his couture version as it was very expensive.  I could buy his QVC version in suede.  I intend to wear that lovely black vintage Linea suede jacket with my new midi black dress when it gets cooler with black boots.

I forgot I also kept the Linea black sequin skirt and top.  It is one of my go to's during the holidays especially the skirt.

Esteemed Contributor

I've kept much of it including all of the sequin skirts and tops, the Ikat and beaded jackets and skirts, the coats (fur lined, ruby red clutch, original peacoat, trenches), many silk pieces, and of course, tons of jewelry. I would say that if I were to total up how many Linea garments I own, it would easily top 100. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have. I did end up getting rid of a bunch that ended up too big for me. Still have a ton that I've purchased over almost 10 years. Favorite is probably one of the caramel colored turtlenecks.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@Helping wrote:
JJM, I agree with you about the lotus open cardigan and shell. It's my go-to wedding outfit.

that is so interesting.  I have worn that to 3-4 weddings, a retirement tea and a shower.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I have most of my Linea because it's still looks good. I have parted with a few pieces, but I will never part with these oldies but goodies. The black lace skirt with sequins, the boucle jacket with the twisted ribbon and pearl trims. My red suede blazer with the ruffles in the back, the black suede blazer with studs and the one with the rings, the boucle jacket with the satin trims and the matching skirt, and of course the boucle jacket with the floral emb, which I own in three colors. The Ottoman zip jacket and skirt suit and those gorgeous ottoman sweaters. I could go on and on.

The one thing that stand out is the consistant beautiful designs and quality.

"It all looks just as good today and just as IN". Sorry to offend anyone, but

there simply isn't anyone to compare with Louis.  I think he is the jewel in the crown.

If only QVC would recognize what they have!

@Marlyn1  So true!  When I want to look good and receive compliments, wearing Louis Dell'Olio's clothing does it every time . . .  whether purchased yesterday or 17-years ago.  

Valued Contributor

Oh my I do LOVE the beige lotus shell and cardigan.  I tried the shell on with a simple short black cardi and the light khaki slim ankle pants for my daughter last week (when I was packing for a trip) and she was TOTALLY WOWED!!!!   Yep, Louis is a classic for sure, in every sense of the word!

KK

Respected Contributor

When I want to make space for New Linea - I have several Family members who appreciate Linea - the quality is so good that my 'old' Items still look great!  And the styles are classic!

I really miss the Suits that Louis used to offer - the Herringbone/Tweed Skirt and Jacket is one of my favourites!  A238540 and A238541 - the Videos are superb!  I own the Black - it was also offered in Ruby and Lapis.  This suit is beautifully designed and made. 

Nordstrom is currently selling a Herringbone suit by Altuzarra for over $4,000.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/altuzarra-christofor-houndstooth-wool-skirt/4710400?origin=keywordsearch...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/altuzarra-christofor-houndstooth-wool-skirt/4710400?origin=keywordsearch...