Super Contributor

Have you gotten Linea jewelry that was an obvious return?

So the first time I tried to buy the confetti necklace to go with my gorgeous black wildflower skirt and black tank, QVC sent me a necklace from a different line and didn't have anymore in stock for replacement.  I caught that it was available again last week, so I ordered it and it came today in packaging that was obviously a prior return and it already had a stone out.  I know what Louis' jewelry looks like when it comes new and this was just shoved in a baggie and apparently noone at QVC looked to see if the necklace was okay before they sold it "new" again.  Of course they are out and I think I'm done trying to get this necklace to complete this outfit.  

Prior to this, I had a pair of Isaac's shoes that came in a plain box and weren't packaged like the other color of the same shoe I got.  I really feel a bit offended that QVC would send out "as is" products that they are selling as "new".  Anyone else feel this way? Thing is, I'm busy and life is a bit crazy right now and this makes my purchasing experience a negative one that takes up time.  This does nothing to dim my enthusiasm and love for Louis and his beautiful line, of course.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you gotten Linea jewelry that was an obvious return?

I haven't ordered any Linea jewelry, but I've received some items that I absolutely knew were returns and not new. I'm sure the Q warehouses have hundreds of thousands of items so returns and repackaging issues are bound to happen, but those instances should be few and far between. I think if we pay full price, then we expect to receive an item in pristine condition and properly packaged. If it's not, then the full price is not relevant in my opinion. The only good thing is that customer service will normally work with their customers and not charge us for returns, but the fact that it happened in the first place is really frustrating.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've received jewelry that was not in its original packaging.  As long as the piece is in very good condition, I keep it -- especially if no more are available.

Because I am sometimes "slow to light up" for some reason lately, this has occurred on many of my most recent pieces, including the Confetti necklace with earrings.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I was stalking the seed beed necklace in amber, and just received it.  As long as the piece is in perfect condition, I don't mind a return.  I may feel differently about clothing or shoes however.

Trusted Contributor

You can tell when you get a return by the label on the clear plastic bag. It will say return right on there. It's not the original label they put on in the factory.  I've had several Linea jewelry items that were returns, some of which are broken. I always put a big sticky note on my returns that are damaged to try to prevent them sending it out to another customer.

Honored Contributor

Returned items & resold to us on clothing are square. New from the factory are rectangular.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I think the expectation for brand new is unrealistic. After all, how often are things tried on, touched or picked through in the stores. However, there is no excuse for items to be sent which gave obviously been used, damaged, stained, broken etc.