Valued Contributor

While reading Louis' blog and his past postings, I came across Happy Lady in the ask Louis section. I wondered what became of her. Her postings seemed to stop in 2015. She was a big fan and purchased many items from Louis. Is anyone familiar with her or remember her postings?

Valued Contributor

Yes, I remember her.  She was a loyal Linea customer & would give fun & informative reviews about what she bought.  As I recall she took offense when someone commented about her extensive wardrobe purchases & she never posted again.

Honored Contributor

1jac,

I believe it was nearly two years ago when someone asked about Happy Lady.  My response then was what I remembered:  She was in a remote part of Italy and lost (or something was wrong) and explained this to Louis on his blog.  

Louis wrote back to her, trying to assist her (and I do not recall just how), but she never responded to that offer for help.  I do not think she ever wrote to Louis again after this calamity.

As I recall, she had stated she was with friends when whatever problem she was experiencing occurred.  Unfortunately, I do not recall what the problem was.

I also added that she would mess up her biography at times.  One moment she was happily married, the next she was divorced and dating a fabulous guy, and the next be back with her husband of several decades.   Also, she most often had five daughters, but one time related that she had four.

Whatever.  She was a jolly soul.

Honored Contributor

And she always signed her name in ALL CAPS.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

1jac,

I believe it was nearly two years ago when someone asked about Happy Lady.  My response then was what I remembered:  She was in a remote part of Italy and lost (or something was wrong) and explained this to Louis on his blog.  

Louis wrote back to her, trying to assist her (and I do not recall just how), but she never responded to that offer for help.  I do not think she ever wrote to Louis again after this calamity.

As I recall, she had stated she was with friends when whatever problem she was experiencing occurred.  Unfortunately, I do not recall what the problem was.

I also added that she would mess up her biography at times.  One moment she was happily married, the next she was divorced and dating a fabulous guy, and the next be back with her husband of several decades.   Also, she most often had five daughters, but one time related that she had four.

i know this is OT....but she reminds me of a poster from Greece....not too long ago....could never figure her out.....she hasn't posted in a long while....remember her?

Honored Contributor

I remember her.  In fact, I felt a great deal of sympathy for her because she was undergoing so many hardships.  

Those two are the only ones I know of who played fast and loose with their personal histories.

When I noticed discrepancies in her details, I thought at first that perhaps she was confused because of grief, etc.  But then I began to understand that she was not being truthful.  For a while, I thought it did not matter, that it cost me nothing to be kind to someone with problems.  However, I reached a point where I could not go on and have an honest interchange with her.

I hope she is well.  Is she here under another name?   

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I remember her.  In fact, I felt a great deal of sympathy for her because she was undergoing so many hardships.  

Those two are the only ones I know of who played fast and loose with their personal histories.

When I noticed discrepancies in her details, I thought at first that perhaps she was confused because of grief, etc.  But then I began to understand that she was not being truthful.  For a while, I thought it did not matter, that it cost me nothing to be kind to someone with problems.  However, I reached a point where I could not go on and have an honest interchange with her.

I hope she is well.  Is she here under another name?   

i remember one of her posts was disturbing....domestic abuse....then she posted she and her husband went on vacation together....that's when i realized something wasn't 'right.'

Honored Contributor

I must have signed off before the domestic abuse posts.  Wow!  I hope those posts were fiction.  I loathe domestic abuse and abusers.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

1jac,

i know this is OT....but she reminds me of a poster from Greece....not too long ago....could never figure her out.....she hasn't posted in a long while....remember her?

@nana59 

sounds like the poster DINAKI.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

1jac,

@nana59 

sounds like the poster DINAKI.

yes....that was her name!