Respected Contributor

Re: HOLIDAY JEWELS! Sneak Peek! FABULOUS!

@golding76  Ah, my "youth" in New York.  I have an extremely small bust which would allow me to wear a neckline that plunged to my waist!  Believe me, I took full advantage of it.  I wore a lot of backless dresses that had a very deep plunge as well.  My style, then and now, was never fussy, just very clean, simple lines and once in awhile a seven foot back and white feather boa to some NY gala.  Now with age and crepey skin, those options are no longer available and my lifestyle has changed considerably.  I left that life 22 years ago as well as the "ageless' body I had for so long!  No compaints being 72.  But it is nice to remember!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76

What a great story about your time in Miami. I can just imagine how much fun you had dressing for that time of your life in that exciting city. That Miami sizzle Smiley Wink 

So interesting how what part of the country or world we live in dictates so much of what we wear & how we have to adapt...when in Rome, as you say. My style blends in more in NY, Boston...that's my roots & where I feel most comfortable. I really dislike how casual Colorado is--I've never gotten used to jeans & cowboy boots/hats at a Denver Symphony Orchestra concert or fancy event. I dress up. But, I've slowly (reluctantly) adapted to wearing North Face/jeans and cowboy wear-- lol.

Honored Contributor

And for those who want a more traditional set of Holiday jewelry might I suggest these pieces from the Smithsonian Store? The greens match perfectly to the marcasite WK sweater. I bought only the earrings & necklace. 

DF54EB7C-9A9D-4169-8DE3-F883812E485C.jpeg

330F3FA4-6A39-46CA-ABE5-CB9538C09093.jpeg

E1871168-C59F-4CF9-9533-8D3E034E7A2E.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

JJM,

How cute are those peppermint candy pieces!!?

They will be adorable for the holidays and I can see them making great gifts too!

Thanks for posting the pics!

Diana

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Honored Contributor

This is just....TOO MUCH!!!! Art Deco...black and white. I'm in trouble. THEN he mentions that in January, his Spring line arrives and it's BLACK AND WHITE. I don't buy Linea summer because I don't do pastels and now....BLACK AND WHITE.

Between Fall, Holiday and Spring.. I'm broke. Done. Finished. Looking fabulous but broke, Lol.

Honored Contributor

Relief for me but danger for you!  I do not "do" Black and White, despite its chic glamour.  

Bad colors for me.  What a blessed relief for me!

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Relief for me but danger for you!  I do not "do" Black and White, despite its chic glamour.  

Bad colors for me.  What a blessed relief for me!

@golding76 Wish I could say the same, but I LOVE B&W!  I’m sure Louis’s version will be irresistible!  

Esteemed Contributor

OMG I love me some black and white or winter white!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not meaning to pile on, but black & white. Heart

@golding76 I expected you being drawn to the emerald green, knowing how much you like the malachite.

Honored Contributor

I have been on the Wine/Olive and Port/DFG party wagon since I bought the "Crinkle Georgette Shirt with Shell" ( A214117) in Wine and Dark Olive.  I've bought so much in those shades that I'm like the totally wasted partygoer who fell off the top level of the double-decker party bus.

Time for rest!  LOL