Respected Contributor

Re: Gucci Botanical Print Reminds Me of Linea Botanical Prints

@Marlyn1Yes - in Blue/White and also Red/White.....

Respected Contributor

Wow Seka, have you saved all of the collages? I have to say it's all still looking great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still stunning and classic to a "T."  One could not ask anything more of a designer.

Linea compliments sometimes come when you least expect them.  Last evening I was in the checkout line at my local supermarket and a woman about my age and appearing to have sophisticated taste was in front of me.  (Her top, earrings and purse led me to believe she had rather good taste.)  All of a sudden, she turned around while waiting for her order to be rung up, and she said, "I love your top. The colors in it are so beautiful!"  I was wearing Linea A295912, the "Abstract-Printed Long-Sleeve Top" in Sienna Multi. 

You just never know when...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Wow Seka, have you saved all of the collages? I have to say it's all still looking great.

@Marlyn1 - I retrieved the photos from Louis’s Blog........yes - it all still looks fabulous - I have all 3 pieces of the Black/Ivory - and also the Blue/White scarf. 

Super Contributor

The Linea print is gorgeous but I just can't bring myself to wear such a busy print. Glad so many of you love your purchases. I'm a solids gal and even avoid bright colors. 

Honored Contributor

Besotted,

The truth is that I have always been a self-avowed "solids" person.  True, I always have gone for rich-looking paisley prints as well as Gucci-like prints, but solids were my thing.

...until Linea and Louis Dell'Olio.  I am not the only one on this forum to confess this sea change in taste.  It could be that Louis's sensibilities tapped into something lurking beneath the surface in me, but something has changed in this gal when she is into buying floral prints.  Are you kidding? Never, ever, ever have I bought florals until the Linea line came along in my life.  

Now, I've got a regular garden in my wardrobe.  As for botanicals, they are tricky.  I love Linea and Gucci botanicals -- those of others, not so much.

Linea works changes on personal preferences, speaking for myself. 

Respected Contributor

@golding76  - My closet looks like a sea of Black, Grays and Earth tones......but I too am drawn to Louis’s amazing prints!  One of my favourites was the Phoenix Bird Print (from 2013) - I have the Shirt and Pant in the Tobacco and the Sunshine Shirt!  YIKES!  I still wear these pieces.

20F9B017-264C-4889-A0FD-F208B0776FED.jpeg

DE102A81-4986-450F-91C4-DCFC7C9C2D16.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Seka wrote:

@golding76  - My closet looks like a sea of Black, Grays and Earth tones......but I too am drawn to Louis’s amazing prints!  One of my favourites was the Phoenix Bird Print (from 2013) - I have the Shirt and Pant in the Tobacco and the Sunshine Shirt!  YIKES!  I still wear these pieces.

20F9B017-264C-4889-A0FD-F208B0776FED.jpeg

DE102A81-4986-450F-91C4-DCFC7C9C2D16.jpeg

I could kick myself for not getting this shirt in at least the Yellow!  What was I thinking?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Precisely my thought, too, Sheesh.

I foolishly dismissed this beautiful print because the fabric was 100% cotton, if I recall correctly.  This print is very much a "me" print!

Honored Contributor

Are you saying that Louis copied Gucci's print???