Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got my Linea Big Deal leather jacket!

[ Edited ]

Finally my size 18 port arrived but I was totally shocked to see the condition of the box it was so beat up and taped up I was nervous hoping my jacket was not damaged.  Fortunately it arrived in tact wrapped and covered.

I immediately tried it on over my WK sweater that I wore today and it fit and buttoned with ease no cling to my behind thank goodness, fingertip length and the port leather and WK look and work beautiful together and so soft, nice weight to it.

Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1

My Port jacket arrived in a box in the same condition!  Squashed, torn, open at one end, terrible.  I was afraid to even check the coat but it was fine, packaged so well it withstood the Armageddon of shipping.

All other items were in good packaging, but something about the Port coats.....

Esteemed Contributor

My two boxes were in decent condition, but it puzzled me that the two port coats, identical except for size, were in totally different boxes.  One box was much larger than the other box.  I would have thought that the shipping containers for a particular item would be standardized.  Instead, it gave me an image of someone just grabbing whatever box their hand landed on.  Very strange.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags  Same here. I had 3 jackets arrive in 3 different boxes (looking at the boxes now). One is HUGE and could have fit all 3 plus another 3 in it, one is half the size of the large and could have fit 2 perfectly and one is narrow but long (almost 3 feet in length). I mean...really?!

Regular Contributor

I have quite a haul arriving today!  I can't wait to see my BD leather jackets and try them on!  I'm hoping the 14 isn't too big.  I'll post my reviews.

It would be nice if hubby didn't see my big stack but, oh well, he just shrugs and rolls his eyes. Smiley Wink

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if those Marc Fischer TSV boots in the burgundy would go with the port?  I'm sure about the calf with though.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@shoesnbags  Same here. I had 3 jackets arrive in 3 different boxes (looking at the boxes now). One is HUGE and could have fit all 3 plus another 3 in it, one is half the size of the large and could have fit 2 perfectly and one is narrow but long (almost 3 feet in length). I mean...really?!

That is the EXACT same way my jackets came---3 different sized boxes!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I wore my Port BD jacket today!  It is amazing!  It hangs so beauifully when unbuttoned, very classy and chic.  The collar can be popped, looks more cool that way if you like.

Buttoned it does not look frumpy as some toppers can, but neat and polished. On a cold day it kept me cozy warm (49 here and windy) but not too warm, perfect for now and some times in winter too when temps are not below zero.

Love the softness of the leather when moving about in it, and the knit of course makes it so comfortable and easy. I got an 18, same size as the trench, and probably in this coat a 16 would have worked better, didn't realize so much give in the knit portions, but as we all know an exchange is impossible at this point.

I am 5-star pleased!

Trusted Contributor

My SIL brought over her port and navy coats. She’s typically a large and ordered both sizes 14 and 16. While both fit well we agreed that we liked the fit of the 16 better. It hung better from the shoulders and it seemed slightly more luxurious without the stretch in the knit, if that makes sense. It looked great layered over her sweater and would still work with a chunkier knit. Both colors are lovely but she’s keeping the navy 16 and port will be returned. Since we have similar builds I will likely order the larger of my two sizes, a 12 instead of the 10.

It did have some wrinkles in the leather so I tossed the jacket into the dryer on low with a wet towel and all the wrinkles came out beautifully.

I agree with some that this has a lot of knit and is more of a knit jacket with leather rather than the other way around but that doesn’t take away from its’ beauty. The leather is also very nice quality though not nearly as buttery as other items that I own, but to be fair, those were very expensive designer pieces bought at deep, end of season discounts.

Overall this jacket gets an A+ for style and quality for the price.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@author wrote:

I wore my Port BD jacket today!  It is amazing!  It hangs so beauifully when unbuttoned, very classy and chic.  The collar can be popped, looks more cool that way if you like.

Buttoned it does not look frumpy as some toppers can, but neat and polished. On a cold day it kept me cozy warm (49 here and windy) but not too warm, perfect for now and some times in winter too when temps are not below zero.

Love the softness of the leather when moving about in it, and the knit of course makes it so comfortable and easy. I got an 18, same size as the trench, and probably in this coat a 16 would have worked better, didn't realize so much give in the knit portions, but as we all know an exchange is impossible at this point.

I am 5-star pleased!

@author

I agree--It's so polished and sleek enough to even work as a suiting look with pencil skirts. I've been playing with chunky sweaters, skirts long & short to see my options beyond pants. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I love this jacket.