Respected Contributor

Re: Got my Linea Big Deal leather jacket!

@GraceCO

I so agree with you - with chunky, or fisherman sweaters, wow.  And sleek and long and slim with a pencil skirt, also wow.  I thought it would be a "basic" and nice at that, but oh it is so much more. 

The trench coat should have warned me how Louis is on such a roll with beautiful designs this fall!  I am very pleasantly surprised by this jacket and its look and versatility in my wardrobe, plus in my climate it is very very practical, always a good starting point for a purchase.

Regular Contributor

I'm in love with my DFG!!  It fits me perfectly and will accommodate a chunky sweater when the weather gets colder.  Since I'm having my own private summers I think this will be my all winter coat.  Love the sweater material in the sleeves since I have heavy arms they don't feel like stuffed sausages.  Now wish I would have ordered another color but I procrastinated to long.  Enjoy your jackets ladies. 

Honored Contributor

Mine arrived also (in separate boxes).  The sleeves are too short as I suspected they would be.  I plan to wear casually so I will try on other items to see if I can put up with the shorter sleeves. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne - what colors did you get?

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@DiAnne - what colors did you get?

@Luvitorleaveit1

I got the dark forest green and at the last minute I ordered the port.  

Regular Contributor

I received my Port and Black the other day.  I wore the Port this morning with a pink/white hoodie and a pair of jeans and sneakers.  Perfect for this MA brisk morning. 

I typically wear a size 8 in his coats/jackets and that's what I ordered.  Plenty of room but I wouldn't wear something super thick underneath.  Very comfy and I love the mix of super soft leather and knit.

I'm a happy camper Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne- I was so tempted to get the DFG and I already have DFG leather gloves but lo and behold I don't have port or anything close to that color leather gloves but I do have black leather gloves.

Enjoy your jackets.

Honored Contributor

After looking closer at the DFG BD it is a much lighter color than the ponte pants and WK t-neck - I love that deep green color but the jacket I got is definitely not that color.  

The port is a good match for the pants and t-neck but the sleeves are still too short (with no way to lengthen).  After sleeping on it I decided to return both colors because of the sleeves and I really don't care for that much knit on the sides of the jacket.  At almost $200 I can get something I like better and that fits me better on sale.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne

I too considered my DFG one thoroughly and just could not get past the lighter color green of the knit parts; I love the deep DFG in the WK pieces I have and in the leather portion, but the knit parts were not a deep enough green to my eye.  I am returning my size 18 DFG jacket.  So.....if  someone is stalking, my return should appear eventually.  It still has the paper covers on the buttons too. 

I am keeping the port; it is perfect, knit matches my other WK pieces and the deep port leather is wonderful.  

My arms are shorter, and the sleeves are just right for once.  I am sorry they are too short for you though!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just got home from work and had my BD leather jacket waiting for  me....

My box was also crushed on one side and taped over....

I couldn't wait to open the package..... jacket was nicely wrapped in tissue paper,bottons covered w/ tissue paper as well.... 

I didn't even unbotton to try it on.   The knit is several shades lighter than the leather parts. I'm sooooo dissapointed !

Tomorrow a DFG size 12 will be going back.  I don't think I'll  re-order in a different color when more become available in my size.....Cat Sad

I am glad that so many of you are happy with yours !

So my search for a dark green long leather jacket continues.....