Honored Contributor

Gorgeous Shantung Jackets Posted on Louis's Blog

……………………….INDIA PINK………………is a MIRACULOUS COLOR……….I have only ever seen this color achieved in pure silk shantung. To say it glows is an understatement! If this is a color for you…..you will go crazy for this jacket!………It is said that PINK is the NAVY of India, which translates to…..Pink is a base color in India, especially a VIVID VIBRANT PINK! worn by everyone!!………………….The fabric is a STRETCH SHANTUNG. It is a blend of 95% Polyester and 5% Spandex…….Let me say there is nothing polyester feeling about this fabric. I have used many silk Shantung fabrics during my long career…..and NONE of them were stretch……….A351115 is the style number……….The jacket is inspired by the many jackets I have seen from India…with my spin. The jacket is UNLINED so there is absolutely no need to wear anything under it if you so choose…..The jacket is NUMERICALLY sized….It is approx 26 1/2 inches for the size 4…..There is a narrow stand collar, and a button front with dyed to match pearlized buttons. I like the bottom two or three buttons left UNBUTTONED for a fly away spread look. It also gives more hip room! There is a top yoke front and back from which there are BODY SEAMS to the hem. The jacket has a gentle shape….There are INSEAM POCKETS. The pocket bags are sewn through and through to keep everything on the inside clean which eliminates any bulk……There are shoulder pads that snap out……The sleeves are 3/4 length to show off your beautiful bracelets and cuffs…..A heads up. You can wear the sleeves straight down if you like, but if you want the cuffs turned back I suggest you turn them back leaving approx. 1/4 to 3/8ths inch of the cuff underneath and with an iron press the cuff fold into place. This will always give you a clean sharp cuff………This is a jacket to PLAY with…..There are so many ways to wear and style it…….Jeans, crop pants, wide leg pants, Capri pants, dress pants skinny pants, leggings will all work. I would even love WALKING SHORTS…… Pencil skirts short and long, sarong skirts, dresses, from mini to maxi, will all give you lots of options on how to wear this jacket…..ALL accessories will work. The new HOT PINK faceted glass beads, and PEARL necklace, J390525, was made for this jacket, as was the INDIA PINK POMPEII necklace, J352559, shown above…….For my more adventurous Ladies I would love many different color pants with this jacket….purple, wine, turquoise, lime, olive, sapphire etc. etc would all look marvelous with the India Pink….very EXOTIC and very DRAMATIC….The right accessories and footwear will add even more drama! Expect to have all eyes on you when you enter a room!…………….enjoy………………………..much Love……………………………..Louis

……………………….The LIME SHANTUNG JACKET…………….The color is AMAZING………This is a color you can only achieve with a fabric like this. I can just see a woman entering a dining room or sitting on a patio at some lovely resort……..or……….entering a room on a cruise……..or…..attending some special event…glowing in this color……Personally, I love it with all GLEAMING WHITE. For a totally different mood it takes on a whole softer look when pairing the Lime with the Portobello Pebble Crepe pant, A352559, or the Linen Ponte crop pant, A302601. Of course  black or navy bottoms with a white tank will also look fantastic…So many of you ask me for suggestions on what else can you put with certain items…..This is a BIG HEADS UP……With each of these jackets I would LOVE a POP OF COLOR under them…..A307363 is the perfect tank to mix with each of the jackets…….The TURQUOISE  would look fantastic under the LIME above……The GRASS GREEN under the TURQUOISE or INDIA PINK JACKETS and the FUCHSIA under the Turquoise or LIME JACKETS……Then you add you color jewelry and……WOW…….you can be sure all eyes will be on you…….The LIME POMPEII NECKLACE & EARRING, J352559, were made to go with this Lime jacket, and together they are simply perfect, but nothing is to stop you from using the Turquoise Pompeii or even wearing both, you know I like excess!!!!!……………………….enjoy…………..much Love…………………………Louis

……………..TURQUOISE………………is one of those special exotic colors that always conjures up faraway places, and beautiful jewelry. It’s a color that looks good on everyone…..Wear the jacket buttoned with a single button which will give you all the room you need, and a more relaxed look…..Again, the TURQUOISE POMPEII NECKLACE and EARRING set was made to go with the Turquoise Shantung jacket……It too enhances the exotic feeling of the jacket…………………………………………enjoy………………………..much Love………………………..Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: Gorgeous Shantung Jackets Posted on Louis's Blog

Thanks for taking the time to post the beautiful pictures.  Loved looking at them......

It brings back memories of my beloved "window pane" jackets (some of my favorites) Louis designed that I have.  I've had them for quite a few years from QVC.

I believe that was the design (window pane).  I have maybe 3 different colors (all same design).

I've been pulling out clothes for Spring and Summer.  I have some amazing Louis clothes from years past.  I love them all.

I remember when I went to Nutri-system years ago (when you met and talked with someone).  I remember we had to go around the room and say why we wanted to loose weight.  Everyone said, "To be happy and alive for my family".  

When it came to me I said, "I have some amazing clothes and shoes I love and I want to fit into them again".  Ha!  There was dead silence in the room.....

Sorry, but I was honest.  The being alive and all ....well...that's a given!  Ha!  But those amazing clothes that you can't get anymore....well,,,, that's not!  Ha!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting @golding76 !!

Getting the turquoise and the India pink. Worth a splurge Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Grace,

India Pink tickles my fancy, too.  I now asked Louis if there is a hint of blue in the India Pink or if I am simply wishing it to be true.

Let's be honest, this shantung jacket is one of the very special items (among Louis's cornucopia of beautful fashions) that comes along rarely.  As you stated, "Worth a splurge."  I could not agree more.

Honored Contributor

I like the fabric chosen for these jackets.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom 

They are indeed lovely ... 

Respected Contributor

These are fabulous. The India Pink and Lime for sure are coming home to me.

Honored Contributor

Those do look sumptuous...such color saturation 

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Grace,

India Pink tickles my fancy, too.  I now asked Louis if there is a hint of blue in the India Pink or if I am simply wishing it to be true.

Let's be honest, this shantung jacket is one of the very special items (among Louis's cornucopia of beautful fashions) that comes along rarely.  As you stated, "Worth a splurge."  I could not agree more.

@golding76 

Goldie, that India Pink is delicious! Equally stunning is the turquoise, and as luck would have it, I have the Pompeii necklace in turquoise to go with it! Love it when that happens. With your coloring, that turquoise will pop!

With the snow we're experiencing these last two days, these jackets in all their gorgeous color just lit up my day. Spring will come to the Rockies one of these days!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow! So glad you posted! These are gorgeous, don’t need to buy one BUT I MUST have one ❤️ I adore his shantung . Keep me in the loop when it comes online.