Contributor

Re: Gauze chemise dress Review

I ordered this dress in black and I really like the chemise style and the gauze fabric. I usually wear a small and I was concerned about the length being too short, but it's just above my knee and just right. I am 5'7".I wore it last night out to dinner with the Linea barrel necklace & earrings in black with sandals and it felt easy and summery. I am buying another color now.

Esteemed Contributor

Wore my black dress today for the first time. Love!

Want this dress in navy and chambray colors. None of the other colors offered in the dress this time around worked for me. Loved the green, but the color looked bad on me- had to return it.

Respected Contributor

I got the dress in black to wear under the gorgeous embroidered duster I got a few years ago. Wanted a change from the WK skirts and sweaters I wear under it.

I'm only 5'1' but the S is fine. It is a bit loose but shoulders are where they should be. Pockets a little low but not noticeable. I might have it shortened slightly but I want to wear it first. I remember wearing chemise dresses; I alway thought they looked better shorter.

Would love it with a bit of a sleeve.

If we want it back we should leave reviews.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I meant a bit more of a sleeve.

Super Contributor

In the minority but I am returning them.  Just not right for my body - I looked wide and dumpy - and shortening would not help...sorry, Louis, I have lots of Linea but this was a miss for me!

Honored Contributor

@Sunnyfield wrote:

In the minority but I am returning them.  Just not right for my body - I looked wide and dumpy - and shortening would not help...sorry, Louis, I have lots of Linea but this was a miss for me!

I usually wear a medium, but thought that if I wanted the dress to "skim" my body, I should size up.

Big mistake! I have a green in medium - it looks fantastic.

The black I got in large is going back - It made me look wide and dumpy too!

Smaller turned out to be better with this!