Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gauze chemise dress Review

[ Edited ]

I just picked up my slate green dress the color is beautiful for my coloring.  I am 5'5" and the dress hits me like 1/2 inch if that much above the bottom of my knee which is comfortable for me whether I wear flats or heels I ordered my regular xl.  The material drapes beautifully over the curves too.  I agree you can dress it up with accessories or wear it plain and simple with earrings and a bracelet which I probably will most of the time or with a single strand basic necklace.

Frequent Contributor

The length varies by size. Bigger sizes are longer.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Welcome, @flgirl2

Yes, you are quite right about the differing lengths. I, myself,  only 'discovered' LDO about 3 months ago, graduating from several basic QVC favorite house brands and a couple bit too...trendy. Value, classic, brilliantly engineered...tasteful and practical yet not boring...LDO! Rather sure the sizing info in question not new to the regular Linea Ladies Smiley Wink

It mystifies me somewhat that the smallest sizes are 2 inches difference in crucial areas such as bust, That graduates a bit then a final jump to 4 inches difference. For curvy gals with numbered sizing, in my case 24 or 26 depending, I must make the crucial choice between 2X and 3X, but at 5'9" do have the added bonus of gaining in length.

So this sheath graduates in length from 36.5 in XXS to 37.0 inches in Small.

In 1X it jumps to 39 inches and finally to 40.75 inches for 3X. Larger ladies score longer length, great if you need it. On the other hand taller women with smaller builds would receive the short end of the chemise...

But what exactly is this fine garment? The first line of copy from QVC.com description says "The tops. Pair this pull-over gauze dress with jeggings, leggings, or pants to create a look you'll love. From Linea by Louis Dell'Olio."  From the Click it here size chart, what is being measured is called a "Tunic" and gave me a good chuckle. Smiley LOL     

Esteemed Contributor

@jazzbabe;:the dress hits me an inch + below the knee. I have short legs, average torso.

Valued Contributor

@queendiva, I am short waisted with long legs, not sure if that means I have a short torso.  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I ordered the slate green in xs and small to be certain I got the correct size in that color. I do not wear olive but I do like spruce green or hunter green. I like this color.

The length is good for me though I think I would like it about an inch shorter. It falls about an inch from the top of my knee. I am 5'4".

the xs is very roomy and I actually wonder if I should have sized down! But shoulder seams seem to fall in the right spot and the neckline is not too big like some of the tunic necklines were on me. But I have lots of extra room in the hip area! I think I might take in the side seams from the waist down.

Though I would have preferred sleeveless the dress is very comfortable even with the sleeves. I suppose because the fabric is so lightweight. 

Super Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1,

I'm about your height 5'6 and ordered the beautiful verdi gris dress....It comes to almost mid knee and the large is roomy but not overly so....  It glides over the curves and moves easy.I Iike the fabrication and feel very comfortable in this lovely dress....  IMHO,this type of dress is not supposed to be "form fitting"  Am anxious to wear it but need to get some color on my legs first, since they're rather pale ....Woman Indifferent

Also looking forward to wear this with tights ,although am not sure which color(s) would look good.....  

BTW, I have a fairly  light complexion and gray hair .....The black or the green would be the only two colors that compliment my coloring.....I have a nice scarf collection as well as several Linea jewelry pieces that will be perfect accessories.....(Waiting patiently for the "green fish")..........

My high heel days are long gone but this will look good with sandals and/ or low heeled boots..... 

Esteemed Contributor

@aqua3- glad the dress works for you, as Louis said it is a chemise style dress which is not form fitting at all but the material helps to drape very nicely so that it's not boxy at least on me it's not.  I don't like to wear long skirts or dresses I do own a couple but I normally wear knee length or slighly below the knee which I find more flattering which as you said a low heel boot or sandals.

My high heel days are long gone too in fact I am gathering up my high heels for donations I'll let someone else have fun wearing them as much as I did.

Enjoy your dress I was thinking about getting the pale terracotta  but might get the black instead now that you mentioned it....you can never have enough LBD.  Linea jewelry and scarves are the perfect accessories for this dress.  Have fun.

Super Contributor

Thank you @Luvitorleaveit1 .  

You as wellCat Happy

Super Contributor

I just posted a review on this dress. I like my green. I ordered my x small size. I am a 6. It is a bit loose but its still flattering and after wearing last night to an outdoor wedding where temperatures were close to 90 I felt I good in this dress. Its a dress thats simple and understated. With layering this can be a four season dress. I hope it is  brought back in other colors.

Floral Pillow