Valued Contributor

I received my dresses today and they don't disappoint. I ordered the black and the slate green in both small and medium. I wasn't sure about size based on the click here measurements. The small fit perfectly. I am a 34DDD and was afraid the top would be snug. No worries, the dress actually skimmed over everything.It is a versatile style and will fit many occasions. Accessories will determine how dressy yon want it. I am petite and the length hit me at the bottom of my knees. No alterations necessary. I can see how this dress will be a real workhorse in my wardrobe. I will be returning the black and green in medium. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gauze chemise dress Review

Glad you like your dress my slate green should be here today or tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

1jac, do you mind sharing your height?  Maybe there is hope for me with this dress.

I need my knees covered.  Thanks!

I am certain you look fantastic in this dress!

[Oops, until a green frees up, the dress in the available colors is a no-go for me.  This is the sort of circumstance to which I referred on Louis's blog.   Those colors would look like my skin -- definitely a deal-breaker.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1jacNot sure if I need a  small or medium, concerned about the hips(41)? Bust 36C/B, Will it fit over the hips with room to spare. Thanks

Valued Contributor

@Tylerpoo wrote:

@1jacNot sure if I need a  small or medium, concerned about the hips(41)? Bust 36C/B, Will it fit over the hips with room to spare. Thanks

@Tylerpoo    Based on your measurements I think the small would work. I think my hips are 42 and the dress fit.

@golding76  I am 5ft 1in. Patterned hose or tights cover a multitude of sins koukla!

Valued Contributor

@1jac, thanks for the info. Will have to stalk a size small!

Esteemed Contributor

My dresses arrived this morning and I immediately closed my office door to try them on. 

I ordered my usual Linea small in woven fabrics. Girls, these dresses are fabulous. They seem so simple, but they're engineered to glide over the curves without looking like a box. I'm over the moon. The black is, well, black but the green is a cool greyish shade that's super flattering (I have dark hair and fairly pale skin). 

I'm 5'7" and wear high heels. These are about 1" about the top of my knee, a length I really love and I think is very flatttering. 

Another Home Run from this luxe brand. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The slate green color was not as I expected. Did nothing for me. Already on it's way back. On the fence with the black. Would have preferred navy for summer. It's a little bit of a struggle to get on and off over my head A slightly more open neckline might have helped with that. Length and sleeve length were very good for my Lineaputian self: 5'2". True to size.

Trusted Contributor

I should have done what 1jac did...and ordered both the small and medium.  Unfortunately,my dresses are way too big everywhere.  The colors,the styles,the pockets,are fabulous,but as someone with a "straight" figure ( no hips) , I should have sized down. At 5'6, the dress comes to the middle of my knee for those interested.  Time to begin the stalking.  If you need a medium in slate green or black,they will be returned Monday. 

Valued Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

The slate green color was not as I expected. Did nothing for me. Already on it's way back. On the fence with the black. Would have preferred navy for summer. It's a little bit of a struggle to get on and off over my head A slightly more open neckline might have helped with that. Length and sleeve length were very good for my Lineaputian self: 5'2". True to size.

@queendiva, where does the dress hit you?  Is it below, at or above your knees?