Honored Contributor

Re: Floral Boho Skirt New Colours Posted!

@lavendar wrote:

I'm 5'2, all body, short legs. About three years ago Louis had a shorter version of the boho. Marybeth had it on and it looked great on her. The bottom layer is pleats. Came in three colors. I ordered the black and dark purple. Can't remember the other color. It was not reordered. 

Maybe Louis can bring another version of the boho, but shorter. Some taller woman would buy it; not just petites.

I don't think I've seen petite skirts on the Q. Dresses, but not skirts.

I think it was navy.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

I'm 5'2, all body, short legs. About three years ago Louis had a shorter version of the boho. Marybeth had it on and it looked great on her. The bottom layer is pleats. Came in three colors. I ordered the black and dark purple. Can't remember the other color. It was not reordered. 

Maybe Louis can bring another version of the boho, but shorter. Some taller woman would buy it; not just petites.

I don't think I've seen petite skirts on the Q. Dresses, but not skirts.

I think it was navy.

Something to look forward to - Louis responding to a question about Petite Skirts:

Not for Spring /Summer. I will have a WK skirt for fall in petite and reg.

Trusted Contributor

That port floral skirt is so pretty that I had to get it. I’m 5’4 and half and I’ll wear it as a maxi skirt if need be.  I also bought the melon shirt and loved how the combo looked in the sneak peek.

Frequent Contributor

Now you short ladies know how we tall ladies feel about some of the pant inseams.  I guess you can't please everyone.

Respected Contributor

It really surprises me, after all of these years, that some women still think it's the vendors decision what styles come in petite, reg and tall. The vendors/designers aren't writing the orders! It's the buyers, and who ever decides what budget to give each vendor determines what sizes a buyer can order, not the vendor. Louis nor any other company can  dictate to the buyers what or how many to order of anything.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@anniebethsmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't understand why in the world Louis and QVC don't make this skirt in petites.  I'm 5'4" and it drags on the ground on me.  I'm a sewer and can't see any practical way to alter it to make it shorter.  If i turn the waist under, I end up with a huge lump of fabric that won't stay in place.

It's not Louis who doesn't want to offer this in Petites.  The powers that be at the Q decide what they will order and he has begged for years to offer all sizes. Many Linea Ladies have begged for Tall inseams and they just won't approve it.  Interesting, because sooo many tall women would purchase so much more if only they came in Talls for example.  At least Petites get a little more consideration.

The only way to alter the boho skirt would be to take the waistband off and alter from the top down, not the bottom up. Involves sewing skills the average, occasional sewer wouldn't care to tackle.  It really is a shame it isn't offered in petite because it really is an airy, lightweight item for so many in the hot summer months.

@anniebethsmom.  I could easily have removed the waistband and cut about 4" off, however that would have brought the first row of ruffles right up to my abdomen where I dont need any bulk.

I totally agree! That's what happens when you try to make something into what it was never intended to be. Better to have had it proportioned for petite.  All we can do is to keep advocating for all sizes in Linea.  It amazes me how much money QVC is willing to leave on the table...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just did a quick check of Susan Graver who has the most clothing Items Posted on Q - SG has 107 Skirts posted  - and there are only 7 offered in Petites.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Q probably thinks it's too expensive to manufacture a second version (petite) in the tiered skirts.

@tzatke I remember that skirt. I think I have the black one somewhere.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Ironically, I at 5'4" would prefer a 34" length!

Super Contributor

I had only seen this skirt in the port color so I was surprised to see a navy skirt offered online.  That is the color I've order because I'm a "blue" girl most of the time.