Respected Contributor

Floral Boho Skirt New Colours Posted!

[ Edited ]

Love this Skirt - have the Black and the Poppy Red!

A287620 Two New Colours - Port - and Navy!

The Black has been re-stocked.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Floral Boho Skirt New Colours Posted!

Thank you @Seka for the update.  I grabbed the navy- my go-to color for spring and summer.  It's my feeble attempt to branch out from my usual black!

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why in the world Louis and QVC don't make this skirt in petites.  I'm 5'4" and it drags on the ground on me.  I'm a sewer and can't see any practical way to alter it to make it shorter.  If i turn the waist under, I end up with a huge lump of fabric that won't stay in place.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

Last year I loved the black floral print on this skirt.  I ordered the skirt and the matching blouse.  I am also 5'4".  I tried all of the ways you tried to make it work. None of them worked. The duo looked terrible on me.  Alterations would have been too expensive.  I sent both back. I will never order this skirt again.  I am just not tall enough.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624@culebra  I must have long legs as I'm 4'11" and Louis's Boho skirts are 32" and they hit me at my ankles and I have been buying them since they first came out. I love the maxi look. The blouses that match these skirts are fine but most of his tops are too long for me especially if they have long sleeves.

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way about many of the print or solid bohos or even that salsa skirt. They should be tailored for those under 5’4”.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't understand why in the world Louis and QVC don't make this skirt in petites.  I'm 5'4" and it drags on the ground on me.  I'm a sewer and can't see any practical way to alter it to make it shorter.  If i turn the waist under, I end up with a huge lump of fabric that won't stay in place.

It's not Louis who doesn't want to offer this in Petites.  The powers that be at the Q decide what they will order and he has begged for years to offer all sizes. Many Linea Ladies have begged for Tall inseams and they just won't approve it.  Interesting, because sooo many tall women would purchase so much more if only they came in Talls for example.  At least Petites get a little more consideration.

The only way to alter the boho skirt would be to take the waistband off and alter from the top down, not the bottom up. Involves sewing skills the average, occasional sewer wouldn't care to tackle.  It really is a shame it isn't offered in petite because it really is an airy, lightweight item for so many in the hot summer months.

Honored Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's not Louis who doesn't want to offer this in Petites.  The powers that be at the Q decide what they will order and he has begged for years to offer all sizes. Many Linea Ladies have begged for Tall inseams and they just won't approve it.  Interesting, because sooo many tall women would purchase so much more if only they came in Talls for example.  At least Petites get a little more consideration.

The only way to alter the boho skirt would be to take the waistband off and alter from the top down, not the bottom up. Involves sewing skills the average, occasional sewer wouldn't care to tackle.  It really is a shame it isn't offered in petite because it really is an airy, lightweight item for so many in the hot summer months.

@anniebethsmom.  I could easily have removed the waistband and cut about 4" off, however that would have brought the first row of ruffles right up to my abdomen where I dont need any bulk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

And I really loved the design of that wildflower salsa skirt. If had been in a Petite version I would have kept it to wear with a solid colored top.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I'm 5'2, all body, short legs. About three years ago Louis had a shorter version of the boho. Marybeth had it on and it looked great on her. The bottom layer is pleats. Came in three colors. I ordered the black and dark purple. Can't remember the other color. It was not reordered. 

Maybe Louis can bring another version of the boho, but shorter. Some taller woman would buy it; not just petites.

I don't think I've seen petite skirts on the Q. Dresses, but not skirts.