Valued Contributor

It was mentioned in another thread that this tank has bigger/looser armholes and other Linea Ladies were wearing it as a vest over blouses. I think my clarification question got lost amid derailments.

Does this tank have too long/loose armholes that exposes bras? I don't really have this problem with much of Louis's tanks, or the other scoop neck WK tank style. I ordered this tank in raspberry so I could have a matching twinset. Now I'm worried about the fit.

Valued Contributor

Re: Fit of WK tank A237404

[ Edited ]

@rac71 wrote:

It was mentioned in another thread that this tank has bigger/looser armholes and other Linea Ladies were wearing it as a vest over blouses. I think my clarification question got lost amid derailments.

Does this tank have too long/loose armholes that exposes bras? I don't really have this problem with much of Louis's tanks, or the other scoop neck WK tank style. I ordered this tank in raspberry so I could have a matching twinset. Now I'm worried about the fit.

rac71... I personally did not find the arm holes to be bigger but this is a new lighter weight WK  Louis mentioned he introduced under the old item # and has a lot of stretch. I noticed as soon as I tried on the raspberry and h/grey tanks they were really stretchy and I could pull down a lot; but my armholes were not droopy or too big. I understand what you are referring to. I ordered my regular size medium and it's a beautiful fit.

Trusted Contributor
Mine fits perfectly! No bra showing. In fact it goes over the chest a little farther than others. It covers my tiny bit of fat where the arm and chest meet. Love the tank. I won't be wearing blouses under my tank for fear stretching it out! I'm sure you will be pleased.
Honored Contributor

@rac71

I ordered my usual Small to wear it as a tank and not as a sweater top over blouses. If I did that, I would size up to a Medium due to the layering of the blouse.

In terms of armhole width, no bra shows through when arms are upraised when its worn on me as a tank. The Medium if I did order it would show the bra below when my arms were raised. But if worn over a blouse, then its a moot point.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Just got my raspberry today, and yes, the armholes are definitely a bit lower on me (I ordered the size I always do in whisper knits).  I won't wear it on its own, so it really won't bother me.  But in my perfect world, the armholes would not be quite as large as they are.

Valued Contributor

Ack! Now I'm still worried and conflicted!

I'm a 36J. Only one particular bra style fits me properly and it takes up a lot of space under my arm. Without my bust, I'd probably be a pear-shape and wear medium tops. This is the only clothing line with which I feel comfortable sleeveless. Since the temperature varies from classroom to classroom, I'm constantly donning and removing layers in my building. I cannot have my undergarments showing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fit of WK tank A237404

[ Edited ]

@rac71 wrote:

Ack! Now I'm still worried and conflicted!

I'm a 36J. Only one particular bra style fits me properly and it takes up a lot of space under my arm. Without my bust, I'd probably be a pear-shape and wear medium tops. This is the only clothing line with which I feel comfortable sleeveless. Since the temperature varies from classroom to classroom, I'm constantly donning and removing layers in my building. I cannot have my undergarments showing.

The only thing I can suggest is to measure the armhole height of some sleeveless tops you do own in this line and compare it to this tank's armhole heights (under click here measurements) and order accordingly.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Already ordered earlier this week. I have never figured out how to access click here measurements via my tablet or phone.

Valued Contributor

I would like to jump in here. I'm the one who mentioned that, for me, the armholes are looser than some of the other tanks. I apologize if I created any confusion or concern about the fit. The sleeves will most likely be fine for the majority here.

Even for me the armholes do not show the bra. But, in my plus size, they are cut lower than other choices. The cut is probably not lower for most 3X LL, and may be perfect for most of them. Thus why many will join in here saying they have no problems with the fit. You probably won't either in your size.

I need to explain that I order a 3X for the fullness at the chest. Yet, I am shaped differently than the Q fit model for 3X. I happen to have smaller arms and shoulders, and way smaller thighs than what the Q has decided are the measurements that fit the mainstream shopper for size 3X. I take the thighs in 3" on most Q pants. I sometimes sew up the shoulder on a tank 3/4" to raise the armhole opening under the arm... and that's with me being 5'9". I don't intend to raise the shoulder on this tank because it is a knockout layered over other knits. The gray is especially chic over the white Kate blouse. If the sleeves were to fit as high and snug under the arm as I prefer in the middle of summer, I'd lose endless opportunity during the rest of the year. I like the heather gray so much that I have ordered another to raise the arms on that one. But, for 90% of LL, I don't think they will have a problem with the armholes.

Respected Contributor

I have two of these tanks and they fit me exactly the same, one from last year and the new raspberry, both XL.

Ideally for the fit through the shoulders and bust I should wear a L.  Due to my particular shape (pear and morphing to apple) I need more room in the hip area so just have to live with armholes a bit large and/or do some altering which I do often with sleeve width, shoulders, etc.

I am not doing anything to these tanks however.  The armholes are a bit large, bra doesn't show.  I wear a tank under other tops only, and may try this over something as a vest, not over a cotton shirt as the bulk is just too much on my figure.

We all know our shapes and how we want to wear these tanks, and considering the wide variation in body shapes and sizes within a size, I am super pleased with the very flattering fit of this tank, both in the scoop neckline and through the body.  I did take out the label on the new one and will try it reversed with the matching cardi for fall for a bit more coverage and warmth.

HTH!