Frequent Contributor

Just received the black jacket expedited shipping. The quality is amazing, love the extra fabric to turn back cuffs and the piping gives it a very expensive look. Wasn't planning to buy this.  I thought it would be boxy and too short.  I am 5 x 4 and it hits me at the hip joint.  Actually, I found it to be slimming.  I don't like it when blazers don't close at the hip area and you have to leave them open. The shorter length solves that problem for me.  I usually don't care for collarless jackets but I will wear this with turlenecks since I live in Boston.  Going to order loden and loden ponte pant. Very pleastantly surprised

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Faux suede jacket review

Great review @ceicei50 - I ordered the black and pink and am looking forward to receiving them.  I personally wear collarless and jackets with collars so this will be a nice addition to my wardrobe I love having that option.

I know the faux suede is amazing I own the faux suede pants in the black, forest green and the expresso boot cut which I wore yesterday and they are wonderful. 

Contributor

@ceicei50 I am so happy that you love the jacket, and I'm appreciative of your review.  

I wanted all colors, but I had to make a decision for just one color!  ugh!  So hard since all the colors are great choices!

I opted for the black since it is my fav clothing color, and I have the black faux suede slim leg pant.  I love them.  They look like black velvet.  I think they will be awesone together as a suited look.  Also, great as separates.  Looking forward to my BD jacket.   Thanks again for your helpful review.

Respected Contributor

@ceicei50
Thanks for the review! May I ask if you got the faux suede trench and if so did you get the same size as that?

I ask because I take a 2 in Linea blazers but needed a 4 in the faux suede trench and have been on the fence which size to order in this new jacket. I looked at the click here measurements which only confused me more.

I ordered the buttercream but want another one, most likely black although I love the Loden too.
Frequent Contributor

I ordered the trench one size up because of the hip measurement. Bought the jacket in my usual size and it was perfect.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

@ceicei50
Thank you! My hips aren’t necessarily my issue. My shoulders are what often make me go up a size. Hmm. What to do, what to do...thanks for your input!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received my jacket today in the Perfectly Pink in a size down from the trench coat, and it fits to perfection.  My "normal" Linea jacket size would have been way too big, which I concluded from reading the click-here measurements.

It is beyond wonderful!  The luxuriousness of the faux suede in this decadent pink, well, stunning.  Construction is impeccable.  This looks like it is several hundred or more in price.  Hardly any wrinkles in it right out of the bag.

I am 5'3" and I love the length.  I tried it on over a column of black, long black Linea tank and slim Martha Stewart black pants and the tank showed under it about 5" or so and looked great.  The shorter length kept it from overwhelming me and I think it would look just as nice on a taller person.

I haven't done the casual look yet, jeans and a more casual top/tee but I think it will be very very versatile.

The trench in this pink would be heaven for spring.....or a robin's egg blue.  I'd get another f.suede trench in a minute!

ETA:  On second and third thought perhaps a pink coat would look like a bathrobe on me......I'll stick with my Loden!  I can get carried away....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received my blazer in perfectly pink today and it is a lovely made jacket, but unfortunately it Is too big for me in the size 2 so I can't go down a size.  The sleeves were long but can be rolled up which I appreciate, not a deal breaker.  The shoulders were the problem with the shoulder seam not sitting where they should.  If only he would offer more petites.  For those of you who got this jacket in a proper fit, enjoy, it's very well made.

The whisper knit sweater fit nicely and is a keeper.

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom 

I ordered the jacket in the same size as the faux suede trench.  Fit was perfect.

Respected Contributor

@ceicei50 wrote:

Just received the black jacket expedited shipping. The quality is amazing, love the extra fabric to turn back cuffs and the piping gives it a very expensive look. Wasn't planning to buy this.  I thought it would be boxy and too short.  I am 5 x 4 and it hits me at the hip joint.  Actually, I found it to be slimming.  I don't like it when blazers don't close at the hip area and you have to leave them open. The shorter length solves that problem for me.  I usually don't care for collarless jackets but I will wear this with turlenecks since I live in Boston.  Going to order loden and loden ponte pant. Very pleastantly surprised

Just received the black jacket today via regular UPPS - and Wow!  It is beautiful!  Personally, I like the "shorter" length.  It is not boxy or too short.  In addition to turtlenecks or mocknecks, I would also wear this jacket with a collared blouse.  I will order the loden and buttercream.