Esteemed Contributor

Re: Faux Suede Trench Big Deal Posted!

@Maxine49 wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@crazycockermom 

Well I just picked up this vintage embroidered boucle on ebay in brown. Geez, it's a stunner. So, I'll pass on the Expresso trench, unless it magically affects me when aired. It does look tres riche.

Right now I'm leaning towards the loden. As I'd mentioned the ponte pant is a dark (military) green that throws brown, so I'm curious to see it aired. Plus I have no doubt the black will be stunning too. I'll just wait and see. I may end up skipping this too, as I'd originally planned on doing. For lack of new whisper knits, I've been buying and absolutely loving some Barefoot Dreams cardis in several different styles. Plus I purchased alot of BD scarves, socks and beanies for holiday gifting. Great stuff but I'd be remiss in not stating how sorely disappointed I am with the Linea buyers this season. Bah humbug to them.

Screenshot_2019-09-30-19-30-03-1-1.png

Love that coat. Don't know why I didn't get it. It may have been offered while I was living in Paris from 2004 until the end of 2007--so I missed out on some things during that time period, couldn't possibly keep up, although I did have some Linea in my wardrobe while I lived there.

I'm right there with you on the Barefoot Dreams!  Have bought a bunch of pieces.  Also just bought the ABC Baby Blanket as a shower gift! Gotta start 'em young on the luxury goods!

In Barefoot Dreams, I have the full zipfront robe (OMG), 2 cozychiclite caftans (wear them all the time as nightgowns), 3 cozychiclite cardigans, cozychic lite pants, the new TSV cozychiclite Long Cardigan in the red tone, matching scarf and beanie, and 4 of the Milk Caftans--if you don't have these Milk Caftans you must get them! Also a pair of socks! If I'm not in Linea, I"m in Barefoot Dreams! I do need a long skirt and a tee to round out the BD wardrobe.

@Maxine49  

Living in Paris for three years is a pretty decent tradeoff for a Linea coat. But, you still can entertain the opportunity to pick one up now. I see alot of listing popping up on the bay in addition to poshmark, amazon and walmart. Some big ebay sellers list on the last two sites. Not sure if all inventory is cross listed or duped but there's been tons of vintage pieces when I've looked. Even Louis' tweed blazers popped up one day. I've been helping my sister locate pieces that have sold out here in her size or color. She picked up the faux suede ankle pant for $20. I was thrilled for her. There's been several other pieces we've located too, at great prices. She's becoming quite a new Linea Lady on her own and looks fabulous in the garments. She's just 5' and can wear everything we've selected beautifully. I'm gifting her some Barefoot Dreams for the holidays too.

You have an impressive BD collection! I've fallen in love with the wide leg pant that was newly offered last month. The midi dress is very nice, very flattering on. You're sooo correct about the brand being "luxury goods." I absolutely love every single piece i own. My nephew's gf is pregnant and I'm contemplating gifting either a poncho or long snuggly cardi for her. Plenty of time for baby gifts. I'm already becoming a doting great auntie now. I just rec'd a LTS luxe milk caftan. @World Traveler is a huge BD fan and adores the Luxe Milk fabrication too. I haven't worn it yet but fell asleep wearing another BD garment last night and slept so snuggled and comfy. I realized I hadn't kicked the blankets off and on as usual. It's remarkable to not be woken up with those annoying and disruptive personal temperature changes! Have you visited the BD Fans Chat thread over in fashion? Lots of great info and comaraderie. Just like here! Do stop by!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Faux Suede Trench Big Deal Posted!

If anyone missed out on the expresso, it’s now available or on waitlist in some sizes.