Honored Contributor

Re: Faux Suede Trench Big Deal Posted!

@crazycockermom wrote:
@rochelleS
The original trench came in port?? I love that color. Maybe I convinced myself I didn’t need another trench back then. But these are different. Lol

They really are beautiful rich colors that show up especially well in faux suede.

I just watched the video again. My mind keeps changing. I’m leaning towards the vino. But every now and then I think of being bad and picking up espresso or loden too. 😳
I just think there are some items I have that would look better with either of those than vino. Dare I get two? We shall see. May be a dumb move on my part.

So which are you leaning towards?

The original trench came in a burgundy color which I love.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

@UhRose Thanks for the link to the pants in Dark Olive and Loden. I'm so glad to see that the Loden is has more brown in it.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely stunning on the model.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom 

Well I just picked up this vintage embroidered boucle on ebay in brown. Geez, it's a stunner. So, I'll pass on the Expresso trench, unless it magically affects me when aired. It does look tres riche.

Right now I'm leaning towards the loden. As I'd mentioned the ponte pant is a dark (military) green that throws brown, so I'm curious to see it aired. Plus I have no doubt the black will be stunning too. I'll just wait and see. I may end up skipping this too, as I'd originally planned on doing. For lack of new whisper knits, I've been buying and absolutely loving some Barefoot Dreams cardis in several different styles. Plus I purchased alot of BD scarves, socks and beanies for holiday gifting. Great stuff but I'd be remiss in not stating how sorely disappointed I am with the Linea buyers this season. Bah humbug to them.

Screenshot_2019-09-30-19-30-03-1-1.png

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom Thanks for the correct color name for the original "burgundy" trench. ♡♡♡

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

Congratulations on the boucle coat!!  It is such a stunner indeed. 

Coincidentally I got mine out yesterday and tried it on and I think it looks better on me now than when I first got it; maybe I've grown into its style. 

Mine is the olive which is rich and deep but oh that embroidery and the placement!  It is some of the most beautiful I've seen and when you wear this, be prepared to stop traffic, and watch out for many, many compliments.

This is one of my vintage Linea pieces I will never part with.

Esteemed Contributor

@author 

Thankyou, thank you so very much! Yes, this coat is stunning! I can imagine how gorgeous it is in olive too. There must've been at least a half dozen colors offered when it was a tsv years ago. Each, equally beautiful. I feel so lucky to have purchased this. I have been collecting vintage Linea on the bay off and on for years. I've amassed an impressive collection. Many, new with tags and beyond reasonably priced. And yes, you are so correct with the attention and comments these bring. I can't wait to wear my newest addition!!! And like you, I never will part with these spellbinding beauties. No way!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
Wow! That’s gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your score!! Seems you’ve purchased a lot of nice things lately so I understand if you pass on this trench, kind of. 😉
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@crazycockermom 

Well I just picked up this vintage embroidered boucle on ebay in brown. Geez, it's a stunner. So, I'll pass on the Expresso trench, unless it magically affects me when aired. It does look tres riche.

Right now I'm leaning towards the loden. As I'd mentioned the ponte pant is a dark (military) green that throws brown, so I'm curious to see it aired. Plus I have no doubt the black will be stunning too. I'll just wait and see. I may end up skipping this too, as I'd originally planned on doing. For lack of new whisper knits, I've been buying and absolutely loving some Barefoot Dreams cardis in several different styles. Plus I purchased alot of BD scarves, socks and beanies for holiday gifting. Great stuff but I'd be remiss in not stating how sorely disappointed I am with the Linea buyers this season. Bah humbug to them.

Screenshot_2019-09-30-19-30-03-1-1.png

Love that coat. Don't know why I didn't get it. It may have been offered while I was living in Paris from 2004 until the end of 2007--so I missed out on some things during that time period, couldn't possibly keep up, although I did have some Linea in my wardrobe while I lived there.

I'm right there with you on the Barefoot Dreams!  Have bought a bunch of pieces.  Also just bought the ABC Baby Blanket as a shower gift! Gotta start 'em young on the luxury goods!

In Barefoot Dreams, I have the full zipfront robe (OMG), 2 cozychiclite caftans (wear them all the time as nightgowns), 3 cozychiclite cardigans, cozychic lite pants, the new TSV cozychiclite Long Cardigan in the red tone, matching scarf and beanie, and 4 of the Milk Caftans--if you don't have these Milk Caftans you must get them! Also a pair of socks! If I'm not in Linea, I"m in Barefoot Dreams! I do need a long skirt and a tee to round out the BD wardrobe.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom 

Thanks! I wish you could see this and other vintage Linea in person. You'd just flip over the sheer beauty and amazing fabrics. I also picked up a vintage Linea silk charmeuse animal print shirt that is just beautiful. The scale of the print is larger than it appeared, but I can make it work. You betcha! It a total classic. I like animal prints so it'll be a staple in my wardrobe. I can pair it with jeans or sequins.

I was rooting around my closet, investigating some potential pairings and had to stop and pet my faux suede ankle pants, lol. Looking forward to tonight's show, which is starting NOW! Enjoy ♡♡♡.