Respected Contributor

Re: Faux Suede Trench Big Deal Posted!

@mam2fourboys
I’m inching towards 50 too. May I ask what your coloring is? I’m having a hard time deciding what color to get. All so beautiful. The vino is gorgeous. Just wondering how the raspberry tone will work with my coloring and other pieces in my wardrobe.
Super Contributor

@crazycockermom, like Oprah said years ago, “50 is SO HOT!”

I have long, darker auburn hair with some blond/caramel highlights in, blue-green eyes and have light colored skin in the winter  I can’t do a scarlet red, but all wines are in for me!  I think I’ve seen a pic of you wearing the fabulous cold shoulder top in the rhubarb?  Yes, I remember what people wear and what they say, but have a hard time with NAMES!  I thought you looked great in the top and the color was nice on you.  This wine looks like a brighter wine, which I think I actually prefer to the wine that had a touch of brown in it from last year (although that is nice too...love my v-neck whisper knit midi).   It really doesn’t look raspberry to me, just a touch of it.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I happen to be wearing a top that I think really clashes with the vino, I have a gray scarf that I can throw on (which I usually gravitate towards scarves when it gets cold anyway). I think most of my usual pants will go on the bottom....jeans, espresso, black, gray, navy.  I think it looks like you could button all the way up and not see your top at all too.  Just thinking as I usually go for the safe, more neutral colors.  Tired of being safe though!

Respected Contributor

@mam2fourboys 

With your coloring the Vino would look spectacular!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom 

I think the vino would be stunning with your coloring, truly. I know it's a tough decision though. Personally, I feel this color would coordinate very nicely with any color you'd choose to pair with it. Plus it's unusual and I like different. I do have Louis' original trench in port, so if I purchase, I'll look at another color.

I do have the ponte pant in loden. An interesting color that throws brown in various lighting. Its different than his dark olive and I kind of wish he'd show the two shades together to help those who don't have any loden see the difference. I do not know how the faux suede loden will show next to the ponte pant though. 

Honestly, I was going to pass on this coat...until I saw the videos on facebook. Gorgeous! 

Respected Contributor

@mam2fourboys
Wow you have quite a memory! You are correct! You sound like a spring/autumn maybe? Warmer coloring?
I’m a spring. Darker strawberry blond with blond highlights. Warm fair skin. Now you have me considering the raspberry...

I have the olive anorak. I have a dark brown suede shorter jacket. Maybe I’ll get the vino after all!
Contributor

In the Ponte Pant video currently up, as they are going through the colors they hold the Loden up to the Dark Olive. It won't help with the Trench and pant comparison, but it may give you an idea of the difference. Loden is definitely more on the brown side.

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Regular-Pull-On-Super-Ponte-Knit-Pants.product.A268216.h...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all wrote:

I have bought last year's long leather jacket and trench coat in size 8.  This coat's measurements are smaller.  Should I order 8 or size up? Has Louis said to stick with your usual size?

I would absolutely size up. This is a coat, not a blazer, and if you are going to wear anything under it other than a blouse or T shirt, you aren't going to want it pulling anywhere when buttoned. I compared my normal size 14/16 to a Joan Rivers double breasted trench raincoat which was sold in SML sizing, and I bought in the L.  I also just bought the Linea plaid blazer in the 16 which fits fine, but not if I wanted to wear anything heavier than a WK T neck under it & have it buttoned without pulling. The measurements on this trench in the 16 are the same as the plaid blazer, which I think is kind of skimpy for a trench coat, and are smaller in the shoulders and equal to the JR rain trench in the L, including in the bust, that I own, so if I decide to buy it, I will have to size up to an 18 to get the roomy fit appropriate to this style of coat. I own the Linea reefer coat in a 16 which fits perfectly for contrast although I wouldn't wear a blazer under it for obvious reasons. 

Super Contributor

Let’s live it up with color this time! Enjoy the show tonight. Hugs!
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
The original trench came in port?? I love that color. Maybe I convinced myself I didn’t need another trench back then. But these are different. Lol

They really are beautiful rich colors that show up especially well in faux suede.

I just watched the video again. My mind keeps changing. I’m leaning towards the vino. But every now and then I think of being bad and picking up espresso or loden too. 😳
I just think there are some items I have that would look better with either of those than vino. Dare I get two? We shall see. May be a dumb move on my part.

So which are you leaning towards?