Esteemed Contributor

Re: Faux Suede Pants coming soon.......

I still have Terry Lewis suedes as well and wear them often the pants not so much because of the dry cleaning, but I hope Louis does the faux suedes pants and skirts too that would be awesome!  I brought a faux suede shirt from him in a jeweltone rich purple that I love.  I don't wear faux leather but I like the way he does faux suede.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

I have some Linea faux suede skirts and shirts from years past. Anyone remember those garments? Very nice and of course beautifully made. It'll be nice to see what's in store for the cooler weather.

RochelleS,

Louis had faux suede skirts and coordinationg chenile jackets and faux charmeuse surplice blouses. You may be thinking of these items.

I have the grey and the purple sets and the taupe surplice blouse.  They all are beautifully made.

LDO, Skirt.png

LDO, Chenile blazer.png

LDO, Charneuse blouse.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

I have some Linea faux suede skirts and shirts from years past. Anyone remember those garments? Very nice and of course beautifully made. It'll be nice to see what's in store for the cooler weather.

RochelleS,

Louis had faux suede skirts and coordinationg chenile jackets and faux charmeuse surplice blouses. You may be thinking of these items.

I have the grey and the purple sets and the taupe surplice blouse.  They all are beautifully made.

LDO, Skirt.png

LDO, Chenile blazer.png

LDO, Charneuse blouse.png

@Writer with Flair

Thanks for posting the pics. I remember these garments well. In fact I was thinking about the Chenille jacket this morning. I have all three! I love the purple plum color the most and found an exact color match beret and gloves at of all places, KMart. Long since closed, but I was just tickled with my good luck. I picked up the Grey jacket on the bay and it looks better now with my salt and pepper hair. The light khaki is a classic for many but I found it to have a yellowish cast next to my face so I offset that with complimentary scarves, so perfect for the fall and winter seasons. This is a super jacket and still looks new in spite of the mileage they've seen. 

I can't remember all of the skirt colors but I'm thinking there was a purple plum too. What a super color. I'm going to have to visit my cedar closet and look for this vintage beauty. The faux suede on all of these garments is top notch.

I didn't purchase the drape front blouse. But my closet has this one, styled like Louis' popular cotton shirt. Only the faux suede is a tad bigger like a modified big shirt. 

Do you own any of these garments?

Screenshot_2018-07-18-16-58-25-1.png

Esteemed Contributor

Oops. @Writer with Flair, for some reason I'm unable to edit the reply in my previous post. I do see that you have some of the garments you posted. Sorry 'bout that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

RochelleS,

Congrats on scoring the gloves and beret at The K.  Good work!  Don't you just love it when an outfit comes together like that?  I once found a pair of Van Eli Olive Green suede heels (for a song at Nordstrom's Rack) and a coordinating purse (at ebay)  that matched the Olive leather/knit jacket and other LDO Olive Whisper Knit items.

In answer to your question, I own the charmeuse surplice blouse in Purple, Grey, and the Light Khaki (Taupe?) color.  I also have the Grey and the Purple chenille jackets.  The faux suede skirts in my collection are in Purple, Grey, and Black. 

I wish that I had that button-up faux suede shirt that you got (A219793?).  I think it came in Purple, Avocado, and Expresso Brown.  It seems like I remember an Avocado skirt that was a straighter cut that went with the shirt.  Am I right about that?  Did you get that one?

LDO, Faux Suede Shirt.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Writer with Flair

And congrats to you on finding an olive green matching Linea's dark olives. I haven't been so lucky in my attempts. I've found a couple pairs of shoes that work but nothing in that deep, dark saturated olive green. I'd even settle for boots if they ever appeared. I should amp up my search.

Speaking of green...another vintage Linea faux suede you and others may remember. A zip front jacket,  multiple piping in bronze on the front, dual princess piping on the back and the cuff was piped too. Very smart jacket that came in black with silver piping. I wouldn't be surprised if the new faux suede garments work back to our vintage lovelies.

Did the avocado skirt you mentioned possibly  coordinate with the green piped jacket?

Super Contributor

So do you people realize that faux is POLYESTER! 66.00 for polyester pants. Such a deal I can live without.

Unless we stop buy over priced clothing and make smarter choices this is what we'll get.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I did realize that the faux suede was made in polyester. I might be wrong, but I think all faux suede is made in polyester. I have seen many faux suede pieces in different stores with a wide range of prices, and many are much more than the Linea pant. There are many different qualities, and this is the best I've seen so I think they are well worth the price. Some vendors are selling tee shirts at a higher price than these pants so everything is relative. I have no desire to spend over $200 and more for real suede pants. Been there done that.