Trusted Contributor

Fashion help needed— linea tie dye boho and mixed media top

Will the tie-dye boho skirt in fuschia look ok with the mixed media fuschia top? Or are the proportions off—meaning  is a longer straight top with longer skirt a no-go? I bought the navy tie-dye skirt and found it works well with the shorter denim jacket from several seasons ago,but those proprtions seem balanced to me. I can’t really decide about the fuschia combo.  Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion help needed— linea tie dye boho and mixed media top

[ Edited ]

I would not wear them together. The top is long and straight and the skirt is full. I think that combination would make anyone look bigger. The top should ne worn with something slim or cropped like the pant that went with it. I think the tie dye skirt looks best with something shorter on top or fitted.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, Marilyn.  You expressed what I was thinking,but sometimes odd pairings work well together. Now I know my hesitation was on target.  Your reply was much appreciated.

Respected Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:

Will the tie-dye boho skirt in fuschia look ok with the mixed media fuschia top?

Well, if you bought both (as I did, but they haven't arrived yet), you could try it belted. I'll know more when I get mine.  However, I did not buy them to go together, but I will see if it works for an alternative look. It never hurts, especially when you are travelling, to be able to mix and match.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Thanks,Sheesh!  I haven’t bought the skirt yet,but I did get the top.  I was just thinking about how much I liked the navy boho when I remembered it also came in  the pink. Thus my question about pairings.  I will look forward to your opinion.  Thanks again! 

Respected Contributor

My "haul" arrived today and the Mixed Media Top Top matches the Fuschia Boho perfectly!  I haven't tried it on yet, but I will.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel