Respected Contributor

A280938

I resisted this lovely WK cardi because I thought it might be unflattering on my pear shape that has apple inclinations, plus I have so many cardigans already.  But.....it was on clearance, I love the fuschia color, so saturated and versatile, works with all my neutrals and more.  

I ordered it in the larger of my two WK sizes, XL, and the fit is excellent, have to cuff the sleeves as usual though.  It hangs beautifully, has a drape and flow that you usually only see in cashmere and in swing styles.  The jersey parts are not too heavy, nor are the ribbed parts, making it great for layering and great for this transition time of year.

The zippers add a nice designer touch too.  I am almost considering getting the black because of the style being so interesting and flattering. 

The collar isn't one of the big floppy styles, but more of a Chelsea collar that takes me back to the 60's and of course the 20's originally.  The collar is my favorite part of this sweater, perfection.

It's such a winner that I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone was thinking of getting it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fabulous Cardi on Clearance

I didn't get this cardigan either but I'm loving the fuschia color thinking about that with the navy midi dress among other Linea items.

Super Contributor

Maybe it just me, the zippers seem to distract from the sweater. I'm sure it is a selling point for some. I love the fuschia color and the basic design is interesting. 

Respected Contributor

@vickybliss

I'm ok with the zippers, sort of an interesting but subtle design element.  However, my husband (76) said what were they for?  Why were they there?

I do have to add, first he did say that I sure looked nice, beautiful color, is it new?  I had to own up to yet one more "new" Linea, but I did get to say it was on clearance, always a plus in his book. 

I would like there to be a hook and eye at the center where the zippers would meet.  I think I might try and add one, as it would be good to hold the front together while outdoors or walking and could easily be undone too.  

Trusted Contributor

I snapped up the fuchsia and black several weeks agao and all I can say is WOW!  I too, wasn't sure of the style but after trying them on over the new midi dress I am among the converted!.  I should have known that LDO rarely disappoints....

Respected Contributor

@anniebethsmom

You are an enabler!  This sweater certainly is a WOW; I am seriously hovering over the ordering page on the black one.  Worn with the black WK midi skirt, well, perfection.  Very CC.  Very NOW too.

This sweater does not hug your rear, hangs so straight, so slimming.  The zips are light enough so they don't drag down the front.  It's very well designed.

Trusted Contributor

Well thank you @author! (I think Smiley Wink )  Your idea about a hook and eye is genius- I'm adding them to mine tomorrow! and it is deceptively slimming.  Love that!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

N/M...cardi is too short...darn.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

To anyone who ordered this sweater within the last 30 days:  it is a lunchtime special today, 10/9/2017.  You can ask for a refund of the price difference!  I ordered the fuschia when it was a primetime special a while back, and I LOVE it!  Today, I ordered it in the black.  $28.80.

Honored Contributor

for those of you who own it......i purchased the black in my regular size today. i really want the fuschia also, but it is not available in the size large. it IS available in the XL. do you think it is fine going up a size in this sweater? the price is too good to resist.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein