Respected Contributor

FIT ADVICE: Linea Turtleneck A72448

[ Edited ]

Linea Ladies

I am big Linea purchaser, but I have never purchased the Linea Turtleneck A72448 - even though Louis has sold thousands and thousands.  What I am asking is about the fit?  I always take a small in Linea Whisper Knit sweaters, but I take a medium in jackets, coats etc.  This sweater looks a little short and skimpy in photo's.  Do you think I should buy a medium instead of my usual small.  I like my clothing to fit closer to the body, but not tight.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Respected Contributor

Re: FIT ADVICE: Linea Turtleneck A72448

@culebra ... Did you check the garment measurements?  I do that, and it helps.  Since you have other clothing from the line, I'd compare the measurements of the turtlenect to the measurements of other Linea tops you have.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@culebraLouis' WK sweaters and his turtlenecks fit exactly alike. Stay with your normal size. Remember, the WK's do stretch. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@culebra

I agree with @BirkiLady, stick to your regular size. When I've tried my next size up there was too much fabric. The excess under the arms and across the back was gape-y and ill fitting. Looking, well too big and rather boxy. When I've opted for a close fit and went down a size, I found the neck, where the t neck is sewn on a bit tight. Wearable but snug.

Congrats on your first t neck. They are fabulous. 

Valued Contributor

I always size up in the turtleneck to get the bit of extra length.  It's the only WK style that I size up in.  On me the larger size just makes it more comfortable, but it's not sloppy or baggy.

Honored Contributor

Compare the cross back across the shoulders on your WK sweaters & order accordingly. I wouldn't size up because then the armpits will be further away from your natural armpits & look like you have the wrong size on.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Thank you Linea Ladies!  Based on all of your advice and after checking the measurements, I purchased my usual Linea size in his popular turtleneck.  I knew I would get perfect advice from you ladies.

Respected Contributor

I do size up on his turtlenecks.  I don't like things too tight around my stomach area so I appreciate the extra inch or so when I size up.

Valued Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I do size up on his turtlenecks.  I don't like things too tight around my stomach area so I appreciate the extra inch or so when I size up.

@santorini yes, the turtlenecks have that ribbed hem that kind of clings. I forgot that was the other reason I like to size up.